NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 2000 celica GT, when i stop at a light or something my idle jumps from 500 or lower all the way to 2000 and bounces around anywhere in between, as well when cruising at around 3000rpm it hesitates and feels like something is drawing alot of power spuraticly, yet both these problems will happen maybe once a week, but when it happens it seems to be for about a day or so and then it won't happen for a while. any ideas?

·
Registered
11,169 Posts
Blue Bomber said:
Dirty IAC, and probably a dirty MAFS. The two most common problems Celicas have (squealing belt is #3 ;) ).
Could IACV problems be related to my off-idle hesitation issues (yes, it's back! :faint: ). Contrary to what I had initially thought, it seems to be related as much if not more to cooler ambient air temps than specific engine temps. In other words, even if the engine is cold, if the outside air is over 80 F, I have virtually 0 bogging. However, regardless of ambient air temps, the problem also vanishes when the engine achieves normal operating temp. :confused:

·
Registered
5,355 Posts
jlitman said:
Could IACV problems be related to my off-idle hesitation issues (yes, it's back! :faint: ). Contrary to what I had initially thought, it seems to be related as much if not more to cooler ambient air temps than specific engine temps. In other words, even if the engine is cold, if the outside air is over 80 F, I have virtually 0 bogging. However, regardless of ambient air temps, the problem also vanishes when the engine achieves normal operating temp. :confused:
No, IACV only operates at idle, and even if it was open while the throttle is open, it wouldn't make a big enough difference on performance.

·
Registered
11,169 Posts
Hmm., well I can rule that out at least and the MAFS is new, so that's off the list of possibles. After doing some more searching it looks like other than needing more fine tuning it could be:

1. O2 sensors (was planning on replacing the primary one already)
2. Fuel pump (was going to replace fuel filter, so can check this then)
3. Injectors (doubtful, as these are new, unless a bad seal or something...)
4. Faulty temperature sensor ( :shrugs: )

1 - 5 of 5 Posts