NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just was there for a few weeks. I am looking to move out there. Just need some advice or info on apartments, im looking for maybe around huntington beach area. I was in mission viejo. Looking for to be in Orange County. Im coming from Orlando, FL with a buddy and a girl. Looking for a reasonable priced apartments that is new design. Any advice or info would be great. Thanks.....

Ryan
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
272 Posts
huntington beach is nice and reasonably priced.
if you want luxury, go for irvine or laguna hills/laguna niguel area.
anaheim... cheap, not so good neighborhood.

newport beach.. a rich fool's paradise.

i would suggest tustin, huntington beach, costa mesa, orange, and irvine.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,998 Posts
If you want newly built luxury looking style apartments, I suggest Irvine. There's a lot that have been built this past year near the University of CA-Irvine. I use to live out there since I go to school there, a bit pricey though.

When I lived out there, my apart with some roomates were paying about 1500 a month and that's considered the cheapest rent out there. The rest of the other apartment complexes ran much higher.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
180 Posts
There is no "reasonably" priced apartments in the areas you want to live. If you mean reasonable like 1200-1500 then yes there are, but for that price might as well buy a house because it will cost the same.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
334 Posts
I live in Costa Mesa which is about 3 miles before Irvine in a 2bd 2ba 980 square ft apt and our rent is going up to 1460/mo. The only thing that I don't like about it is that it does not have built-in w/d and no a/c. It's fine not having a/c since it doesn't really get too hot during the day because we live about 4 miles from the coast.

Good luck.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
272 Posts
1460?

they should have thrown a/c in too for that price!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
12,227 Posts
Originally posted by d3fc0n_7
I live in Costa Mesa which is about 3 miles before Irvine in a 2bd 2ba 980 square ft apt and our rent is going up to 1460/mo. The only thing that I don't like about it is that it does not have built-in w/d and no a/c. It's fine not having a/c since it doesn't really get too hot during the day because we live about 4 miles from the coast.

Good luck.
Originally posted by RiceCelica2000
My friend is paying $1300 for a one bed room apt in HB and its not where near the beach.
well up her in the armpit of the desert of LA i pay 1800 a month for my house which includes my homeowners insurance and property taxes....1600sq ft. 3 bed 2 bath big living room 3 car garage...but yes its in crackcaster, ahem, Lancaster..the nice thing....LACR is 10 miles away
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,515 Posts
wow, you guys pay a lot of money for your homes.
why dont you come to Beverly Hills, West Hollywood, or Santa Monica (next to the beach) ? You basically pay the same as everybody else is. One thing though, the traffic is bad. But if you live in OC you are gonna have a lot of cops on your tail- at least fom my experience. There are soooo many things to do in the city of L.A. There are many clubs, a bunch of gigantic malls, close to the beach, and did I mention that there is so much to do here ? It is never boring in Los Angeles.
 

·
Vendor
Joined
·
15,564 Posts
Nu Concept said:
wow, you guys pay a lot of money for your homes.
why dont you come to .., West Hollywood, ... ?
Because we are not gay :D
 

·
Vendor
Joined
·
15,564 Posts
celica70 said:
I just was there for a few weeks. I am looking to move out there. Just need some advice or info on apartments, im looking for maybe around huntington beach area. I was in mission viejo. Looking for to be in Orange County. Im coming from Orlando, FL with a buddy and a girl. Looking for a reasonable priced apartments that is new design. Any advice or info would be great. Thanks.....

Ryan
Good luck bro - moved out here from the Orlando area about 3.5 years ago and had to pay twice what I got for my house out there for the townhome I got out here. Plus my house in FL was 400 square feet more, had an extra bedroom and was on a golfcourse. Housing in CA blows.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
272 Posts
Re: Re: Hey.... Need some info about SoCal....

Boosted2.0 said:
was on a golfcourse.
:wtf:
:chuckles: i can imagine you in golfing gear.
excuse me while i go roll on the floor


:gap:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
454 Posts
Originally posted by Nu Concept
wow, you guys pay a lot of money for your homes.
why dont you come to Beverly Hills, West Hollywood, or Santa Monica (next to the beach) ? You basically pay the same as everybody else is. One thing though, the traffic is bad. But if you live in OC you are gonna have a lot of cops on your tail- at least fom my experience. There are soooo many things to do in the city of L.A. There are many clubs, a bunch of gigantic malls, close to the beach, and did I mention that there is so much to do here ? It is never boring in Los Angeles.
Cops will bother you wherever you go. Just don't give them a reason to bother you. LA is much more crowded then orange county and parking is more of a pain there. I live in the middle of both areas in Long Beach. So I can go hit the scene in both areas. So i get the best of both worlds but I prefer to live in Orange County since there is more "elbow room" then in LA.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,515 Posts
Originally posted by LBCelica2KI
Cops will bother you wherever you go. Just don't give them a reason to bother you. LA is much more crowded then orange county and parking is more of a pain there. I live in the middle of both areas in Long Beach. So I can go hit the scene in both areas. So i get the best of both worlds but I prefer to live in Orange County since there is more "elbow room" then in LA.
true. OC has much more room and better parking.
Originally posted by Boosted2.0
Because we are not gay :D
Oh, I believe you.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
63 Posts
I live on the Irvine/Newport Beach border, in the Villa Sienna Apartments. Nice luxury, 'italian style' living. We have underground assigned parking and the like. 24 hr gym, three pools, its really nice. $1481 for a 1bd, 1ba 780 sq ft. They are right of the 405 fwy at jamboree.
 

·
Vendor
Joined
·
15,564 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Hey.... Need some info about SoCal....

00TRDGT-S said:
:wtf:
:chuckles: i can imagine you in golfing gear.
excuse me while i go roll on the floor


:gap:
Nah I don't golf - just bought it for better property value retention and a better view out the back yard.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,975 Posts
Originally posted by celica70
I just was there for a few weeks. I am looking to move out there. Just need some advice or info on apartments, im looking for maybe around huntington beach area. I was in mission viejo. Looking for to be in Orange County. Im coming from Orlando, FL with a buddy and a girl. Looking for a reasonable priced apartments that is new design. Any advice or info would be great. Thanks.....

Ryan
YOu might want to consider a garage. YOu dont want to park your car outside, unless you want it back to stock the next day:gap:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
195 Posts
Smaay said:
well up her in the armpit of the desert of LA i pay 1800 a month for my house which includes my homeowners insurance and property taxes....1600sq ft. 3 bed 2 bath big living room 3 car garage...but yes its in crackcaster, ahem, Lancaster..the nice thing....LACR is 10 miles away

When did you buy your house?
 
1 - 20 of 33 Posts
Top