NewCelica.org Forum banner

Hi all from East Sussex United Kingdom

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  PETER PAN 2009 
#1 ·
Hi I'm a newbie to Toyota Celica and this forum I've just got a white Celica VVTL-i 190bph 1999 Automatic and so far loving it but wondering about an engine and gearbox oil change ?

Sent from my CPH2127 using Tapatalk

#2 ·
Both can be done quickly and easily at home. You will need to jack the front end up for access.

before changing engine oil, you should flush it with Motor Medic Gunk ($6 in Walmart) to really clean it out. Add half a bottle to oil and idle engine 15 minutes to dissolve any carbon deposit and sludge. Then dump the oil. Oil should look tar black with all the burned carbon.

The engine oil lug is 14 mm. Just open it and dump out the oil. The oil filter in right in front of the oil pan, accessible from under the car. I always use genuine Toyota oil filter with about 4.5 quarts of Walmart's 20K-mile synthetic 5-30 oil. Engine runs sweeter and smoother after each oil change. I replaced the oil lug with a ball cock valve so I can open and close it quickly with out fear of stripping threads or oil leaks.

Transmission fluid pan has a lug with an allen head, about 10 mm. Easy job.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.