NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my gts exhaust manifold is not matchin up with my GT upper pipe and im losing alot of powers from it...i want to customize a hi-flowing cat or a magaflow cat so it will fit both of my GT and GTS exhaust system. Now how much would that cost?....would it give me any gain compare to stock one?....i know it will be a lil deeper but thats fine....

·
The Original 1zz Fanboy
3,774 Posts
payed $120 installed for my magnaflow cat. Didn't really notice any power difference.

·
Zettai Unmei Mokushiroku
28,865 Posts
The reason you're losing power is because the GT-S midpipe has a divider in it from the header to halfway to the cat. Without that, it messes up the exhaust flow and you lose power. You NEED to use a GT-S midpipe, not a GT one. BTW, the stock cat is pretty much high flow already.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
alrite but can i get like a customize hi-flo to make it fit?...or is not worth it....and just buy a the midpipe?

·
Zettai Unmei Mokushiroku
28,865 Posts
I'd just find a stock midpipe from a crashed Celica instead. The high flow cat won't make a noticeable gain in power. Your car will never be able to keep up with a stock GT-S without that midpipe divider plate, making the swap kinda useless IMO unless you find one.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
hmm i can find one easily.....so what would be too much for it?....would the mid pipe fit my TRD GT exhaust. i want to get a 2000-2002 midpipe with my trd exhaust wat that be ok?

·
Zettai Unmei Mokushiroku
28,865 Posts
All the GT-S midpipes are the same, and I would think $200 would probably be a good price (especially if the O2 sensors are included :) ). Originally, it's over $1000. :AF: While you've got the midpipe out, you might want to take it to a muffler shop and get a 45 degree 2.25" mandrel bend put in place of the crush bend after the resonator. That will definitely help free up a few hp, since the crush bend is pretty bad.

Hmm, can you measure the outside circumference of that TRD exhaust's piping? I'm not sure if it's specifically tuned for a GT or interchangeable with a GT-S. If it's only for the GT, you're not gonna gain much power with it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts