NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI, this is my problem: Is it normal that i have yellowish/green relfection inside of the headlight when i look at the headlight from the side? I installed my Techone HID 5000k systeme yesterday and i noticed that the interior of my headligh glow up in a yellow color....is it normal?

Thx

Alex

·
Registered
8,225 Posts
Uhm.. it should be kinda yellow/bluish, do you have a pic?

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not yet...but ill try to take one tonight if i can...

·
Registered
2,529 Posts
If you are talking about the projector area, then yes, it is normal. The salts inside the HID bulb are usually yellow in color, and so when they are off that color will be reflected inside the projector and make the projector appear yellowish. Same happens if you put blue tinted bulbs in there -- the projector will appear bluish

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ok i made a little and fast photoshop to show you what kind of yellow i have. its not exactly like this, but can give you an idea... I will try to take a good pics tonight...but when i look at the car from the SIDE not from the front like in this pics...i see yellow light in the headlight, in the top, and in the all headlight....somehting like this

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Dooly said:
Is it the high beam reflector area??

Yeah i think i have also in the high beam area + the top of the headlight, when i'm on the side i can see light pass trought the glass...

sorry if it's not clear...

maybe pics will help :)

Wait a few hours again...myabe in the next 2h i will have a night shot of my HID :)

·
Registered
609 Posts
ToMaC_GT said:
ok i made a little and fast photoshop to show you what kind of yellow i have. its not exactly like this, but can give you an idea... I will try to take a good pics tonight...but when i look at the car from the SIDE not from the front like in this pics...i see yellow light in the headlight, in the top, and in the all headlight....somehting like this

i think it maybe caused by, not enough paint for the headlight insert, some light is getting through it, you painted them your self right?

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah....i painted it my self....umm maybe this is why i have some yellow color...

But if i was let it clear....it was more yellowish than that no?...

Anyway i will take pic now in half an hour :p

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Ok ...so here are the real pics...i think that it's just maybe the light that past trough the paint like Ricerboy says....but maybe not?!

And i dont have good side shot but it's the same "color" of light that we see in the headlight when we look at them on the side (front side corner)

Just forgot to mention that i use Aluminium tape to block the UFO's hole...maybe the light reflect on the tape?
:shrugs:

·
Registered
321 Posts
sorry to get out of the topic man...im getting that exact kit with the same light temperature in the next week or so....how do u like the light output?

·
Registered
8,364 Posts
Your headlight housing turned yellowish cause of the sunlight..
You might want to buff and polish the headlight housing.... using something like plastic compound...

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I polish it yesterday with plastic-x my headlight are very clean

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
keosking said:
sorry to get out of the topic man...im getting that exact kit with the same light temperature in the next week or so....how do u like the light output?

Umm i cant tell you much.,,,i've just installed the kit yesterday...but i can say it light very well :) Give me some time to try it on the road....i will have my bumper wedsnesday from the body shop and after that everyting on i wil test the car :p

·
Registered
8,225 Posts
Yea thats normal, thats just the plastic reflecting the light, its yellowed from sun fade and oxidation.

·
Premium Member
6,652 Posts
Hey Alex, ok now I see what you meant...

Basically, from what I remember of your headlights when we met, I'm pretty sure that this coloration is due to the fact that your headlights are a bit old and yellowed. Even if you cleared them with plastic-x, there's no avoiding the fact that the inside surface of your headlights have aged as well. Additionally, there might have been some discoloration from the heat when you baked and opened your headlights before (in my experience, plastic is denatured by heat so that's why I will never tried to bake my headlights open).

I'd say removing the aluminium tape might help since some light may indeed be reflecting at the back of the headlight. See if that removes that bright line at the very top.
(I never had this type of coloration when I had my HIDs).

1 - 20 of 26 Posts