NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone know of any radar detectors that you dont have to have on your front windshield? my friend had a 96 covrvette and the radar detector was mounted by the drivers right knee. so i know these types exist. any positive/informative input is appreciated.

·
O.G. Original Gluesniffer
8,944 Posts
BEL makes one that you can mount behind the bumper or grill, and the actual receiver unit can be placed anywhere you want, dosent have to be visible. A friend of mine has one mounted in his Lightning.

Someone else also makes one (might be K40), the brand name escapes me at the moment.

·
O.G. Original Gluesniffer
8,944 Posts
I was planning to mount one in the area behind where the factory clock goes, but in such a way that you could see the indicator lights through the tinted peice. I even had the clock all taken apart, just never got around to buying the radar. :/

·
635RWHP / 550RWTQ
8,659 Posts
illegal in CA

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
i'd rather have mine non-visible for cosmetic reasons...i wouldn't want something clunky hanging in front of me...

·
Registered
549 Posts
Hmm New York is legal to have Radar detectors from what I remember also.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Jusone36 said:
i'd rather have mine non-visible for cosmetic reasons...i wouldn't want something clunky hanging in front of me...
this and the fact that these are enticing to thieves. i dont want anything valuable in the car visible to outsiders.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
They don't do you any good anyway. I have a friend who showed me how their radar guns work. The cops have you. The only way a radar detector is useful is if the cop shoots another car that's further ahead of you and it gives you time to slow down. If they worked so well then why do they let you buy them? Because they only help you out a little bit.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.