NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a pair of 6k McCulloch (i can't spell it) H7, lowbeams. i got them used a little while ago. Anyways, the driver's side one goes out a couple days ago. I thought maybe the bulb was dead, but then a little wire wiggling got it started up again. The next day, it was working, but i noticed that it was a little yellower/greener than the other headlight (ice blue). after about 30 mins of driving, it died again. I popped the hood to check it out. no amount of wire wiggling was going to fix it this time. I also noticed that the trouble headlight was considerably warmer/hotter than the working one. Actually, it was the headlight itself that was warm, but the two box type deals (one is silver with the McCulloch sticker on it, and the other is black and looks like something you'd plug into a wall) that make make up the HID system were much hotter than the ones on the other side. (if this doesn't make sense, i can post up picts on the parts in question). Anyways, after letting it cool for a long time, i tried to turn the lights on. the troublesome headlight flickered a bit each time i tried.

if anyone can help me with this, i'd really appreciate it.

·
Registered
113 Posts
GARBAGE.....sorry to break the news to ya

I had that kit on my GTI vr6. The bast*rds kept burning out, and eventually the balasts went too. The problem is probably your balasts.......don't be surprised when your lights start to strobe outta nowhere one day......it happened to me....lol

1 - 3 of 3 Posts