NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whats the difference between 5000k , 6000k, compared to 8000k?? is it just the color or is one brighter than another...any help would be greatly appreciated:)

·
Registered
9,994 Posts
color and brightness

the higher the number...the more blue/purple you get

the higher the number...the less light output you get

·
Banned
3,768 Posts
Yes. My brother has the 4200k Philips H.I.D. kit in his SupraTT and compared to the 6000K in my Celica his are by far brighter! Much much brighter! His are pure pure white(no yellow whatsoever) while mine are purple. If I had to go back and do it all over again I'd buy the 4200k Philips H.I.D. kit- they light up the road like no other :)

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
maybe you can help me with 2 more questions?..i recently checked this website on hids and it came up with 2 matches for a celica.it was ......low h7 and high 9005.....does anyone know what the low and high stands for ? is low for the regular headlights and high for high lights?and also is the h7 the right size for 03 celicas?and 9005 is the size for high lights on a 03 celica? im totally new to hids and have no idea what im looking for.thanks all for any info..

·
Registered
803 Posts
H7 is the bulb type for the low beams. (for regular driving)
9005 is the bulb type for the high beams (for when you drive in a really dark forest or somethin)

most people who buy one HID kit buy the H7 one for regular night time driving.

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks for the info ....now i just visited another site and they said that hids fog up the interior of the cars headlights from the gas in the hids,did anyone have that problem?because if interior of the light gets clouded up from the hid chemicals then that would be such a pain to have to clean the interior of the headlight.if that happens wouldnt the light turn yellowish from all that gas that the hid produces in the headlight.then if that happens i will have to end up buying a new pair of headlights.....please let me know if you guys ever had your headlights getting clouded up or turning yellowish from your hids.if so i might change my mind because i dont want to end up using more of my money on buying a new pair of headlights.

·
Registered
6,754 Posts
nope that wont happen.
it probally happened to them because they altured their headlight or didn't close it up right when they put it back in their headlights.
it wont produce hotter temps than normal lights for you headlights.
those guys dont know what their talking about.

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
good to know.thanks for the info bros.

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
just wondering would the 8000k hids produce the same heat as the normal stock headlights?

·
Registered
6,754 Posts
yes, but it will not be much brighter than stock.
it will shoot out a lot of color but not much white light.
i say if you plan on getting 8000k hid's you might as well get 20 dollar coated bulbs.

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
hmmmm,maybe your right,what about the 5500k ?that one is the aqua white with blue tint.is that one brighter with more blue than white? i was also wondering is 8000k hids legal ? im in maryland.

·
Registered
6,754 Posts
they are all not legal but you would more likely get pulled over for a 8000k all color hid kit than a 5000k or 4100k kit.
you could always tell them it came stock like this and the 03's do have hid's so i wouldn't worry too much.
phillips has 4100k 5000k and 6000k hid kits

·
Registered
579 Posts
yeah as long as they show predominantly white your fine... since i got my 6000K's i've driven by numerous cops at night and i've yet to be pulled over for my headlights... or anyother mod i have for that matter

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i wonder if i would get pulled over for 7500ks.if i get pulled over ,i wonder if the cops would ask for a factory sheet showing proof of my hids,if i tell them it came stock.i ask the shop and they told me that it was legal .wonder if they are bullsh*ting me.

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
what brand are they?i just order a set from this shop and today they just called ,and told me that i will have to wait 3 weeks because the hids that i ordered are recalled,back to japan for fixing because of problems .so now im going to have to look for another set of hids.i will get my deposit back and buy at another place.how much does the 6000k hid set cost?i was also told that the piaas were 800.00.thats a bit high.are piaas top of the line or why is it so much more ?or is the color much better than other companys? thanks for any info....

1 - 19 of 19 Posts