NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i've read on these forums about the gains and losses of CAI's. apparently injen loses some low end power? i drive my gt-s as a daily driver, and i know i/h/e wouldn't be that beneficial to the n/a motor on my way to work. but, the ocassional race does happen, and it would be nice to free up some hp. what i'm getting at is, that i only need performance gains in the higher rpm range, and with all the intake debates, its hard to choose one that's actually worth the $. is the injen more effective during those 5 grand clutch drops and 8200 shifts, or r the gains so minimal that i'm just wasting my time? do u guys with just intakes actually notice how effective they are?
i guess to me, it doesn't seem like i/h/e gives enough power for the $. it seems like they would be more helpful to turbo/ s.c. applications, where back pressure is the biggest problem. can someone clear this up for me, and maybe give me some suggestions on would would help my 'occasional race' lifestyle?
ne help would be appreciated

-aaron

·
Registered
12,350 Posts
TPR intake. No loss in low end. and cheapest. No check engine lights.

TPR Exhasut. Best gains and overall torque curve.

·
Zettai Unmei Mokushiroku
28,865 Posts
:moved:
Originally posted by NoRulzAt140 Mph
TPR intake. No loss in low end. and cheapest. No check engine lights.

TPR Exhasut. Best gains and overall torque curve.
:werd:
The TPR CAI has some of the best low end gains out there, it's midrange is unparalleled (especially at lift), and top end is only a couple hp less than Injen (and only for a few hundred RPM). The TPR exhaust is the most powerful Celica axle back out there by far (gains up to 30hp at one point :faint: ). It beat TRD which was the previous best exhaust, and is just as quiet, and cheaper. Add the TPR CAI to the TPR exhaust, and you should gain at least 15whp peak (and even more below peak :eek: ), which should put you very close to 200 crank hp, if not higher than 200.

There is still a slight delay with TPR's machine shop as we finalize the 2nd Gen CAI design (stainless steel, adjustable mounting brackets, both unheard of in an intake for our car :thumbup: ), but the exhausts will be ready to ship next Friday! :D Check my sig for more info.

·
Banned
4,595 Posts
TPR is also designing a race header and mid pipe to be released shortly. Our target is 185-190 whp with just bolt ons.....so TPR maybe the answer to your prayers ;)

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
00silverGTS6spd said:
I never had an issue with my AEM. I will be sad when its gone lol we've had lots of fun times together :rofl:
which intake are you getting next man?

Blue Bomber

have you tested how your intake works with the pfc since it has the mafs fins? with the tpr exhaust? both? thanks for any info!

·
Zettai Unmei Mokushiroku
28,865 Posts
Originally posted by Vroom_Vroom
Blue Bomber

have you tested how your intake works with the pfc since it has the mafs fins? with the tpr exhaust? both? thanks for any info!
Nope, not yet. There's only one TPR exhaust out there so far, and I don't think anyone with the 1st gen TPR intake has a PFC yet.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts