NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4,118 Posts
wtf 80mph at 4000rpm? go get ur car check up it might need a new engine and tranny cuz thats just ***************************...hahahahahhaahahhaa just joking its normal bro lol

·
Registered
926 Posts
im at about 4000 at 80......3200 @ 70

·
Registered
349 Posts
obviously your v8 is gonna be lower.

it used to be the manual transmissions got better gas mileage. not the case with the GT.

·
Registered
153 Posts
m0rgue said:
obviously your v8 is gonna be lower.

it used to be the manual transmissions got better gas mileage. not the case with the GT.
I have never understood toyota's logic on the gearing of the 5-spd. I just remember how high my gt would rev in 5th going 70.

Now that I have a gt-s it revs lower at that speed (in 6th of course). But still 5th in the gt should be geared differnt!

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
cm3_psx said:
I have never understood toyota's logic on the gearing of the 5-spd. I just remember how high my gt would rev in 5th going 70.

Now that I have a gt-s it revs lower at that speed (in 6th of course). But still 5th in the gt should be geared differnt!
Yeah, I get 22MPH/1000RPM in 6th. In the 1ZZ MR2 5-Speed, it is only 20 per 1000 in 5th. Both GPS cross checked.

dB

·
Registered
349 Posts
cm3_psx said:

yeah, when i actually got my celica back in '01, i didn't exactly know how to drive stick at the time, so my friend (who was teaching me in his 2000 camaro SS, and his 1996 grandsport corvette, hehe) picked it up with me and when we were on the parkway, he was saying, "I keep looking for 6th gear 'cause it revs so high."

that and the fact that both the SS and GrandSport were 6-speeds, haha.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
blackTRDcelica said:
4k is kind of high.... i think... im running 3k rpm lil past 80mph.... i think its like 84mph and its at 3k rpm....
Were talking about the 5 speed trany, it runs high in 5th gear.

Personally I am thinking that that trany may be used for track since you don't need a 5th or 6th gear while racing, maybe that's why the 5 speed gear ration is so close together, what do you guys think?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts