NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinkin of getting the TRD 13:1 Compression pistons but after doin a search on the forum I found out that **** ain't gonna work for me out here in jamaica where there's only 87 & 90 octacne available so I was wondering what would b the highest comp pistons I could run on the 90 wit out detonation?

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
12:1 or maybe even 12.3:1. You can probably pull some more timing with the PowerFC and run 12.5:1 but it wouldn't give you that much room for error (and bad tank of gas)

·
Registered
656 Posts
I wouldn't go any higher than 12:1

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok kool thanx for the info But I would like to ask another thing I saw a guy sayin that utilizing the water injection thingy from aquamist could allow the use of the higher comp pistons safely waht do u think about this?

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Good question, Inquiring minds want to know, but I am thinking it may not be a good idea on a daily driver. I remember that such systems were experimented with during the 1970's to improve fuel economy, but had serious corrosion issues, but that was with straight water and it was used all the time.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ahhhh from what I read on the aquamist site It's just a mist of water sprayed at intervals to keep the heat levels down I think rally cars use it with their turbo's and they also use them to cool their brakes not sure if it's the aquamist thing but I do know for a fact that they use water to cool the brakes but even if it's not the aquamist thing I must b the same concept

1 - 6 of 6 Posts