NewCelica.org Forum banner

81 - 100 of 268 Posts

·
Banned
2,005 Posts
Thats Great stuff :) Vids?
I wish, it was the shop owner and me, thats it. He was driving and operating the dyno while I was monitoring the engine stats to make nothing exploded. The shop just hired me so I should get some free time on the dyno soon, so maybe then. There is more power to be had, I just ran out of time and nitrous.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
nice. I like your style. cheap, but thorough. fix and upgrade what's broken. upgraded pistons only is still impressive for 400whp! I was debating this route with my car but decided it'd be easier and cheaper for me to just get a project car instead.

·
Banned
2,005 Posts
nice. I like your style. cheap, but thorough. fix and upgrade what's broken. upgraded pistons only is still impressive for 400whp! I was debating this route with my car but decided it'd be easier and cheaper for me to just get a project car instead.
Dont fix it if it isnt broken.

·
Bring on the 12's...
6,081 Posts

·
Bring on the 12's...
6,081 Posts
Bah, I want to be in this list anyway :fawk:

But yeah, congrats Gtsjeg - good set up there :)

·
Banned
2,005 Posts
hey Gtsjeg04 is there any plans on upgrading those internals???
400whp on stock rods wont last forever...
Sure it will. If they break, they break and I will go from there. Its not like I drive around town running a 400hp setup. Who has actually broke a rod and not spun a bearing?

·
Registered
285 Posts
hey Gtsjeg04 is there any plans on upgrading those internals???
400whp on stock rods wont last forever...
when I was down at MWR getting my car tuned, they had their orignal drag celica back in there getting some work done.

The car was on stock rods still, but the rods had twisted..I think they said the car was at 500hp. not sure though

·
Registered
7,392 Posts
when I was down at MWR getting my car tuned, they had their orignal drag celica back in there getting some work done.

The car was on stock rods still, but the rods had twisted..I think they said the car was at 500hp. not sure though
if you are talking about the orange one, it sure as hell does not have stock rods, because it has a custom 1.5L 2zz and makes 550whp at low boost and 666whp at high boost

·
Registered
577 Posts
Wow !! 400whp !! AWESOME !!!
Fxxking Jealous ! :D

81 - 100 of 268 Posts