NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Driving back tonight. 9pm a deer runs across and I smack him dead on. No time to break or turn, bam. Dead deer, fcuked up car. It drives though. The damage seems to be hood, bumper, passenger light, passenger fender, radiator overflow container, 1 fan for the rad, and the front piece is bent a bit.

quick pic with my phone.

The deer got PWN3D after he kicked my ass.

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeah the bumper isn't too bad, there is a crack at the lower curved corner, drivers side. But it's still attached everywhere. The light got pushed up into the fender, didn't break, but buggered the fender. I was able to drive it home. Alignment was fine. Everything driving wise seems to be ok. So I imagine the front brace, and everything else will have to be fixed. I had a big rock chip I was going to get fixed and now there is a crack. I don't know if that was from the impact or not.

Yeah I have comprehensive insurance so I'll call them tomorrow. I didn't really even have much time to brace or anything it happened so fast, though my shoulders and neck are a bit stiff.

·
Registered
11,645 Posts
whoa, did you get that pic in your sig right before you whacked it?

Or was it mere foreshadowing?

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Carbonized_GT said:
whoa, did you get that pic in your sig right before you whacked it?

Or was it mere foreshadowing?

lol no doubt. That's a little goat. :D Yeah I'm lucky he wasn't thrown through the windshield or anything. On a good note, my VIS CF hoodscoop is actually fine. no damage at all to it! :D

yay!

·
Registered
10,888 Posts
Looks at your sig, its kind of ironic ^^. Glad everything is ok though. I almost hit a deer once but was able to swerve out of its way.

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
damn! your headlights still look nice :D. glad you're ok and that it didn't roll to your window. and did you wipe the blood off before you took the pic?

·
Registered
5,355 Posts
That sucks.

Don't open your passenger door because it may rub against the bent fender and chip the paint off or possibly dent it.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
I almost hit a deer the other night.
Some deer seem oblivious to the danger while others actually appear aprehensive about crossing a road with traffic.
Perhaps a slow weeding out of the gene pool is ocuring.

Anyway, deer are are a reall hazzard. The section of NY rt 17 that I travel daily is littered with dead deer

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
slidr said:
That sucks.

Don't open your passenger door because it may rub against the bent fender and chip the paint off or possibly dent it.
Thats a great tip I'll be sure to take a look. I don't think the fender was pushed back but again I'll take a look before I end up opening that door. Yeah I know a CF hood is probably cheaper than OEM. i'm lucky it didn't come through the window, I think the bumper knocked his legs out and he fell onto the hood. He was running so his momentum made him glance to the side. If he had of hit sooner he may have bounced into the window so it was lucky for me.

Not so lucky for him. :D

1 - 20 of 53 Posts