NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just put on the HKS Hi power axleback and its far too quiet....It basically has to mufflers.... the coffee can (lol) and a conventional muffler.... the conventional muffler has a lil rattle to it at certain RPMs (5k).... the guy I bought it off of made it sound like the problem was fixed but it still seemed to do it.... anyway.... I'm thinking of cutting out the conventional muffler and maybe the stock resonator.... I rolled around with the exhaust delete mod for about 2-3 weeks and it didn't really bother me.... so the exhaust being a lil louder is fine.... HKS makes great products and I'm sure it'll still sound pretty good.... I loved out the car sounded in lift with the exhaust delete mod and I'd just like a tuned version of that lol..... I think cutting those 2 things out should wake up the exhaust for a louder/better note.... I LOVE the way it looks.... now I gotta find that sound lol.... I'll also be porting the stock header and buying a port/polished intake mani.... SOOO what do you all think??

Thanks
Clint

·
Registered
903 Posts
first i think you should try cutting that big can in the back. Thats what i would do first and then see how it sounds. You dont want to cut that first little muffler, it doesnt sound too great. post some sound clips up after you do it.

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the can is what gives it the sportier look..... that was the whole point... its a quality muffler so it shouldn't be annoying or too loud.... I think it'll sound fine personally but I wanted some other input by people who maybe have done it or something like it....

·
Registered
903 Posts
not the stainless steel muffler. Im talking about that huge thing right between the wheels.

·
Registered
903 Posts
Blue Bomber said:
That will make the exhaust extremely loud.
well thats what every evo owner is doing. it sounds a bit ricey to me.

·
Registered
903 Posts
klutch said:
i did it for my hks and it sounds freakign sweet
got any sound clips?

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
evos don't sound ricey..... most civics and cavys sound ricey..... I'll be cuttin that big bitch out soon lol....

·
Registered
903 Posts
silver21 said:
evos don't sound ricey..... most civics and cavys sound ricey..... I'll be cuttin that big bitch out soon lol....
ok you didnt get the point. evo=Greddy Evolution II. Its an exhaust for the celica, not the lancer evo.

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
TRDAzNSpEeDeR said:
well thats what every evo owner is doing. it sounds a bit ricey to me.
yea most people will think of the car before a brands name for an exhaust.... Those are 2 different exhaust so that really doesn't apply to the HKS Hi power....

Anyway.... I'll do some before and after sound clips....

·
Registered
903 Posts
alright cool get some pics and sound up and i might do it to mines too.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts