NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not to get anyone too excited, but I did some research today at work. As I've said before, I work at an auto parts store, and I have many friends that can do lots of cool things. I called on guy up, and first asked him for a listing for an aftermarket alternator for my GT-S (direct stock replacement and 80-amps). I told him I need something more than that. That I want at least 100-amps out of that alternator. He knows I'm doing an extensive stereo, and he understands my problem. He deals with mostly import stuff, and said he's got connections to the compan that makes these alternators. He said that, in the past, if a customer wants a higher amp alternator, they will custom wind it right on the assembly line, and warranty it.

Long story short, he is going to call this company up Monday morning and see what they can do. He will get me my cost on the alternator, warranty info, and maximum output they can convert it to. I'm excited. I know that lots of other people here will also be excited. I'm sure I can get quite a few people who would want one, if the price is right. I'm hoping to get an idea of how many would want one, and see if I can get a price break and setup a group buy.

Again, this isn't set in stone, but it's close. This is the closest I can get so far. My other option is to have one of my other friends custom wind mine. But I don't think he wants to do a 50+ order. :)

Let me know what you all think...

Curt

·
Registered
920 Posts
sounds interesting... keep us posted :thumbup:

I'm definitely in need of a HO alternator.. any idea of what company he is dealing with?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts