1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
684 Posts
Looks like a normal single DIN chassis with a flip out screen. You'll just need a single DIN adapter and it should fit no problems.

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
:) where does one get a single DIN adapter ? I wasn't kidding..i'm a TOTAL n00b when it comes to this stuff.

·
Registered
4,133 Posts
I have this same unit in my car. You don't have to DIN mount it at all. Just get an installation kit for your car and you can ISO mount it. the unit fits just fine in your console (after you take your stocker out). I put the brain for my uti underneath the driver's seat. There is still room underneath the headunit for the optional centerchannel speaker that goes with it. It's about a half DIN in size.

·
Registered
4,133 Posts
Let me see if I can help you, I don't know what the acronymns stand for, but I can tell you what they mean. A DIN is the standard headunit size (half of what is in our cars) mounted with an installation kit that fills the stock hole (after you remove the stock headunit) and allows you to mount your aftermarket unit.
Depending on the HU you bought you can either ISO mount it or DIN mount it. The ISO mount, means to screw the cage(the part of the HU covering it's internals directly to the installation kit (or trim that is now filling the hole). The DIN mount means to mount the HU in a different way using the installation kit.
I hope this clears it up a bit. One of the instal geniuses will clean this up for me, I am sure.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.