NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this is a Celica site but I thought I would post this here seeing there are a lot of Celica owners (like myself) that are selling their Celicas for bigger and better cars. This is my personal review of the Dodge Magnum R/T, enjoy.

So Yesterday Stacey and I went to the Dodge dealer to test-drive a Magnum and get our free $75. When we got there they had about 5 Magnums on the lot, 1 plane jane, 2 SXT's and 2 HEMI R/T's. The dealer tried to show us the SXT and I said NO, I want to drive the R/T and so it was.

To start off, it was a black one with full leather and power everything. The seats are extremely comfortable and a long trip would be no problem in them. The back seats are roomy even for a 6'3" guy like me. I had a lot of headroom and shoulder room in both the front and back. The front had really nice heated seats -and something the next car we get must have- duel climate control. On the test drive I had the A/C turned all the way down and she had the heat all the way up and we were both perfect.
The rear windows are another thing that the both of us loved, they went ALL the way down! How nice. No more bullshit "child safety" windows that only go half way down and piss everyone off.

The trunk was HUGE! I could have stored a lot in there for a long trip. There is space under the mat to store stuff, then there is little storage bins on both sides for stuff and then there is the main floor. It

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by F35-JSF
Did you get a chance to take out a srt10?
No. They have only had one and sold it a while back and the $75 dollar offer was for the Magnum only. Plus I don't know if the woman, our daughter and her car seat and myself could fit in the SRT-10 :chuckles:

·
Premium Member
21,896 Posts
Originally posted by Chumpchiggy
I need to go test drive one. I'd be too tempted to buy it though. I love the design.
The Magnum is one of the very very few domestic cars I would maybe consider thinking about probably buying.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
The rear windows go all the way down because the door is about 3 times bigger than the window. The window is like 12" high.

·
Registered
7,726 Posts
Homer is the last guy I would take advise from...
Lets not forget he bankrupted his brother's automobile manufacturing company :chuckles:

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
This "car"(???) is uglier than sin and weighs as much as a tank. WTF is wrong with you people? Disgusting :thumbdown :eslap: :puke:

·
Registered
12,350 Posts
Originally posted by XYRCNCP
The Magnum is one of the very very few domestic cars I would maybe consider thinking about probably buying.
is the magnum overrated? whats its rated at?

·
Registered
586 Posts
NoRulzAt140 Mph said:
is the magnum overrated? whats its rated at?
340 HP with a 0-60 of ~6 seconds. Not bad at all IMO. I love the Magnum. They look kind of like a Herst(sp?) in black :D

·
Registered
12,350 Posts
I can see it dying after 80. Or would I be wrong?

·
Registered
9,255 Posts
Originally posted by Automaton
This "car"(???) is uglier than sin and weighs as much as a tank. WTF is wrong with you people? Disgusting :thumbdown :eslap: :puke:

while I like the F-150's body style more I still think it looks good especially in black or silver. It's a full size truck, it's going to be on the heavy side.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Tien's 00celica said:
I know this is a Celica site but I thought I would post this here seeing there are a lot of Celica owners (like myself) that are selling their Celicas for bigger and better cars.
You're right... in about a couple of years I plan to trade my Celica in for a better car, but please...

The last thing I would consider is a 3900lb Dodge hurse-mobile. That things looks like it came straight from HBO's Six Feet Under program.

I wouldn't mind checking out a domestic such as the next Mustang Cobra (as long as it's dohc), I can choose at least 10 other rides I'd rather have than that freaking dumptruck you're talking about. And I'm listing automobiles in general, not speed or performance.

For $32K or less:

1: 350Z
2: Subaru WRX STI
3: Infiniti G35 Coupe
4: Mitsubishi Evo 8
5: Cadillac CTS
6: Jaguar X-Type
7: Chrysler Crossfire
8: Mazda RX8
9: Acura TL
10: Volkswagen Golf R32
11: Toyota 4 Runner Limited
12: Audi A4 3.0
13: Nissan Maxima
14: Nissan Murano
15: BMW 325
16: Saab 9-2X
17: MINI Cooper S (JCW)
18: Mercedes C 230 Kompressor
19: Lexus IS300
20: Pontiac GTO

Ok that was so easy that I decided to list 20.

And out of those, the cars that would be more fun are: 350Z, G35, RX8, EVO, STI, MINI Cooper S JCW, and probably the IS300. I would imagine the Celica GTS and Acura RSX-S are more fun to drive too. Driving the Magnum up and down a straight road to Home Depot might be fun the first two Saturdays, but come on? Imagine having to parallell park that *******? Take it to school, take it to the gym, to the city, F THAT!!

I think the hatred I have for the Magnum comes from the silly commercial in which it beats a Lotus Esprit... Ridiculous.

·
Registered
12,350 Posts
More fun > Funner

Also, Stang's are SOHC

·
Registered
12,350 Posts
Originally posted by RomesGTS
Too bad there's no such word as "funner".

And 1998+ Cobras are DOHC.
hmm. But they are nothing compared to teh current one. So why want those?

1 - 20 of 39 Posts