NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Lurk
780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I drive a 2000 Celica GT-S (in case you didn't see my sig). Lately, when I am driving on the interstate at about 75 MPH, my hood has started to shake, vibrate, and violently "wobble", for lack of a better term. I adjusted the extendable rubber stoppers in the hood, and, although that helped some, it still shakes. I'd really prefer to go faster than 75, but it gets pretty intense around 80. The car is somewhat old, so the locking mechanism is fairly rusty, and I'm afraid the pressure being put on it will break the lock, and send the hood flying up. Do you guys think I need hood pins, or is there another way to fix this problem that won't affect the looks of my Celi?

·
Registered
243 Posts
I believe you can adjust the latch, I had the same problem when I first got mine.

·
Premium Member
11,002 Posts
:eatpop:-Sounds like you have a cheap hood, cause I never had problems with my mine.
Anyways, I highly recommend buying some AeroCatch hood pins than the typical nipple piercing looking ones...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTtuCe4298k

·
Premium Member
11,002 Posts
^ Correction...THIS is Ricecar. :chuckles:

·
Lurk
780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
May try to get a video of it tomorrow. Then maybe you guys can tell me what to do.. But if I do have to get good pins, I like the look of the Aerocatch's

·
Premium Member
18,039 Posts
Brorororo!

I have hood pins on my OEM hood. After my accident and having the hood fly open on me, I am just paranoid that it will happen again. The hood pins make sure it doesn't happen... for now.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts