NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone in NYC area want to get a Carbon Fiber Hood that is same quality as Fiber Images please let me know. I can hook you up for $400.

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Remember you have to pay shipping if you buy it from most distributors. This hood has no brand, it is a very well made and quality hood, identical to my Fiberimages one. It has a detachable scoop.

Even in the groupbuys, its $365 + $120 shipping. You know why it was so cheap? Because the seller took everyone's money and ran.

Can you post where you can get this hood cheaper?

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
kocheroni said:
edit: i'm not putting down your hood because the quality could very well be incredible. It probably is better than vis too. All I'm saying is that in a groub buy you could get a hood for like 350 or 325 or whatever they go for + shipping. If yours is new then 400 is a bargain considering you would pay shipping. Anyway, i'm not trying to put down your price, just mention tyhat they go cheaper in group buys (minust he shipping costs).
Unless you live in the West Coast where all the groupbuys are base you can't get it without shipping, otherwise you are going to be paying around $475-$500, plus a couple of weeks waiting period.

All I'm saying is that right now I have hoods for $400 ready to picked up in NYC. Why do you think I post in here and not on the for-sale forum? Because this is a DEAL for NYC area people where they normally have to pay $100-$125 shipping for a CF Hood. Plus you can inspect it before you buy, so no risk!

Anyways, your point is, you are telling me that Shipping is not a factor when purchasing an item? You're saying that shipping money does not count toward a price of an item? You have to realize the total cost. If that's the case, everything in America is expensive when compare to items oversea. But if you factor in shipping, its not expensive at all.

I mean when you purchase something on ebay, let say a seller sells it for $10 + $15 shipping, and the other sells the same for $15 +5 shipping. You telling me you will go for the $10 item?

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
kocheroni said:
edit: i'm not putting down your hood because the quality could very well be incredible. It probably is better than vis too. All I'm saying is that in a groub buy you could get a hood for like 350 or 325 or whatever they go for + shipping. If yours is new then 400 is a bargain considering you would pay shipping. Anyway, i'm not trying to put down your price, just mention tyhat they go cheaper in group buys (minust he shipping costs).
Oh yea, can you please post where you can get it for $325?

·
Registered
475 Posts
Dude, he agreed with you that "400 is a bargain" since shipping is not an issue, and he never said that "shipping is not a factor when purchasing an item". I think we all agree that this is indeed a "hookup" for someone local, and also that you as a seller stand to make more of a profit than a seller who has to ship the hood through a third party. Win-win right?

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Aahleks said:
Dude, he agreed with you that "400 is a bargain" since shipping is not an issue, and he never said that "shipping is not a factor when purchasing an item". I think we all agree that this is indeed a "hookup" for someone local, and also that you as a seller stand to make more of a profit than a seller who has to ship the hood through a third party. Win-win right?
He originally said it was a "high" price, meaning that it is unreasonable. I ask him to explain but he can't come with with a way for people in this area to get one NEW without spending less than $400. The only 2 thing he came up with was either BEFORE shipping, or USED.

That will be $400 straight up, no sales tax, no wait, and no risk. What you see is what you get. No online ordering BS.

I originally paid $600 for my Fiberimages Hood and I'm just doing you guys a favor by getting you local peeps a hookup, just like the Celica Manual. I don't make a cent in this deal. So whatevers.

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Shop is in Brooklyn. If you go there, they'll install it free, just pay tips if you want.

I was there on Sat and they were tunning a Motorex Skyline there with 650 whp. It was sick...

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
i deleted all my posts because i really don't feel like getting into a discussion. your right, 400 is the cheapest you can find it. As far as i'm concerned i have no intentions of responding to any more posts in this thread.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts