NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my hotchkis springs installed and I am posting a couple of before and after pics. I am very pleased with the drop and it could drop even lower with time.

Drop Front

Drop Back

Drop angle

Drop Side

·
635RWHP / 550RWTQ
8,659 Posts
:thumbup:

very nice.. hotchkis oWnz!!!

·
Registered
2,608 Posts
This question has probably been answered many times. Do you need aftermarket shocks or struts with the Hotchkis springs? Thanks.

Oh by the way, nice drop man. Makes the car so much sportier.

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It is strongly suggested you do, since it will be much cheaper to get them installed at the same time. I didn't get any, will see how long they last.

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
StreetFighter said:
This question has probably been answered many times. Do you need aftermarket shocks or struts with the Hotchkis springs? Thanks.

Oh by the way, nice drop man. Makes the car so much sportier.
yes unless you want your head hitting the roof of your car when you go over potholes...which is happening to me :(

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It's definitely more than TRD, Hotckis claims 1 3/8 front and 1 7/8 back. I didn't measure but I got atleast those numbers if not more, especially in the back.

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Here is a pic I just took. Very satisfied with the drop, 2 finger gap front and back. The ride is a little more harsh but I can get used to it.

·
Registered
27,517 Posts
eccentricGTSdvr said:
i think your ride is harsh because you are rolling on 35s not 40s tires...
i can definitely vouch for that. That plus my drop makes every ride a harsh ride. I'll never forget the time i ran over acorns and felt everyone of them crack under my tires. Thought i was scraping my rims against the curb :gap:

·
Registered
116 Posts
Yeah man, my Celi rides very harsh too! I've got kg/mm springs (they're super stiff!) with 35's also. The only upside is that I can take corners/turns pretty much as fast as I want ;)

·
Zettai Unmei Mokushiroku
28,866 Posts
vaio23 said:
Here is a pic I just took. Very satisfied with the drop, 2 finger gap front and back. The ride is a little more harsh but I can get used to it.
Whoa. My Tein springs lowered the car that much (after only 1 day), and they're only supposed to be 1.4" all around. What's up with that? :confused:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.