NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive done a few searches and found too many post to read. so if this is a repeat im sorry. i just got my stage two kit from hotckis and noticed there is nothing on the springs to stop the coils from touching each other. i dont know if this is nessisary, but ive seen alot of lowering springs with these. and ive read some post with people complaining of a harsh ride. is there a kit i can get to cover the top few coils or anything i can use. i read a post by blue bomber, saying he uesed electrical tape. does this work and how long would it last

·
Zettai Unmei Mokushiroku
28,865 Posts
LOL, I never said electrical tape. ;) I said vinyl or silicone tubing slit down one side. My Tein springs came with the second to last closest coils wrapped in rubber to prevent spring knock (pic below). You won't really feel spring knock, but you'll definitely hear it.

Attachments

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
sorry about misquoting you ive read too many post today. sombody else asked if this was a good idea and you answered back use vinyl of silicone tubing and i guess i didnt relize when i read it it was two differant post sorry

·
Zettai Unmei Mokushiroku
28,865 Posts
Sometimes when the spring compresses, it will compress enough so that the coils actually hit each other. This produces an annoying noise. Not sure if it has any effect on handling, though...

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
Originally posted by Jonny Boom
so what u are saying is that the hotchkis springs should be good as is
hotchkis has very high spring rates compared to any other springs so im sure it'll be fine

·
Registered
470 Posts
Originally posted by Blue Bomber
Sometimes when the spring compresses, it will compress enough so that the coils actually hit each other. This produces an annoying noise. Not sure if it has any effect on handling, though...
I thought that you are the authority on suspension?!?

·
Banned
284 Posts
you will definately need something so that you don't hear the springs. If I was you and I didn't install the springs yet, I would send them back and get eibach.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts