NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Spanning Tree Storm
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Due to engine and exhaust works I found this engine mount broken:
Does it need immediate replacement or not?

·
Daddy Daycare
20,305 Posts
You have it out already, I'd say go ahead and replace it. It's not going to last much longer until the tear goes through all of it.

·
Spanning Tree Storm
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I had to put it back. It is fair to say that all four mounts should be the same?
What about inserts? I read here that ES increase noise and rattle which I dont want. Are there any inserts that are stock comfort?

·
Daddy Daycare
20,305 Posts
You can fairly expect that the front mount (under radiator) will be in similar condition. The two mounts on the frame rails will probably be ok. There are no stock comfort inserts available to my knowledge.

·
Spanning Tree Storm
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
As always GSBoek you are most helpful. I will replace front and rear with OEM.

·
Registered
6,863 Posts
adding inserts doesnt increase noise. you will feel a slightly more vibration in the steering wheel at first. after some time you will get used to it and not even notice it anymore.

·
Daddy Daycare
20,305 Posts
after some time you will get used to it and not even notice it anymore.
Not in my case, I have them two years now and I'm still not used to them. That's probably just me being me though. I don't get used to vibrations.

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
is that the rear one??? if it is, how did you get it out??? because the rear one is a b!tch to get out. You either have to drop the sub or pull the engine.

·
VVTL-OL
307 Posts
its urethane that will adhere to just about any surface
Not with out the correct preparation. Not that I've done it but it is necessary when applying any adhesive, coating, or paint.

·
Spanning Tree Storm
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
1 - 16 of 16 Posts