NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I own a 2000 celica gt. Ok now when i first got the car I used to be able to squak in 2nd gear. it's not that im racing just having some fun with the car. anyways lately I am not able to do this, and that it feels like my clutch is slipping. now i guess the first question is that should the celica gt be able to squak in 2nd no problem? if so do i need a new clutch and flywheel to help my car? thanks for looking guys.

·
Registered
442 Posts
churping, barking gears

·
Registered
980 Posts
Celica402GTS said:
wth is "squak"???
Squak (squawk) like a parrot?
Seriously speaking, it's not good to do that. You're wearing down your tires for nothing. If you want to chirp in 2nd just roll in 1st, push in the clutch, punch the gas pedal and let the clutch go.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
very true, but what im concerned about is my clutch slipping. i guess you guys can't really answer that, but is the gt able to "squawk" in 2nd easily was really the main question so i know if my clutch is wearing down and slipping. thanks guys

·
Registered
980 Posts
You will be slowly burning out the clutch doing this as well. If you want to see if your clutch is worn, pull the hand brake, put the car in gear and see if it stalls right away. If it does your clutch is fine. If it doesn't then your clutch is starting to go. Another thing to look for is your revs going up fast when letting the clutch in slowly from a stop (that's a sign of wear).

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
to see if your clutch is worn you simply drive the car when shifting into 3rd gear at a
normal speed 35 mph (approx) then press on the gas pedal if the rpms go up & the car doesnt accelerate with the engine rpms you clutch is worn. you can also check in the manner as described above (by blinding-gts) but.. you put the car into 3rd or 4th gear release the clutch pedal with the parking brake applied if the car stalls clutch is okay, if it doesnt time for a new clutch.

·
Zettai Unmei Mokushiroku
28,865 Posts
Chirping the tires is extremely hard on your entire drivetrain. The shock transfers from the wheels through the tranny to the engine. I doubt it's good for the longevity of your tranny mounts and where they're bolted into, either.

To find out if your clutch is wearing out, from a stop, put the car in the highest gear and slowly let the clutch out. If it stalls, your clutch is fine. If it doesn't, you need a new one.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts