NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
When the clutch pedal is out the engine revs but you don't go anywhere.

Put it in 5th gear at 30 mph, floor it. Do you slowly accelerate, or does the engine rev up?

If the engine revs, then the clutch is slipping.

Grinding noises are usually a bad sign too.

Scott

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
:werd: thx for da info

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
What about when you start noticing that after a while, the Clutch grabs farther from the floor then it used to? When should you replace the cluch? I want to get nitrous, so should I get it before I do the nitrous set up??

·
Registered
6,754 Posts
Calsoldier said:
What about when you start noticing that after a while, the Clutch grabs farther from the floor then it used to? When should you replace the cluch? I want to get nitrous, so should I get it before I do the nitrous set up??
uh yea i would get a better clutch before doing that.
one launch on bottle could burn the hell out of it and you would need to replace it. what would you do than?

·
Registered
357 Posts
it depends on the shot.. i've been using a 35shot and the clutch still feels the same (no burning smell either after use). i tried a 50shot once and the clutch wouldn't hold that. i'm getting a clutch pretty soon.

the clutch grabbing at certain lengths has nothing to do w/ how burnt out it is.. you can actually adjust that by screwing the jam nut counter clockwise on the clutch arm.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts