NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I have trd spoiler with the led going on as well as the roof light, thats 4 brake lights!! How do I disabled the 3rd brake light? I heard about vinyls do they cover all the light so nothing shows?? let me know anyone thanks!!

·
Registered
600 Posts
Bluebatmobile has one that covers the top, as far as the face goes, I really would have no idea how to cover that up. Disconnecting it would make it look like the bulb is burned out, and that would look cheap. :thumbdown:

·
grocery getter
721 Posts
open the trunk, at the very top LEFT, there will be a black rubber/plastic tube, slide the black plastic tube down so that you can get to the connects, you should see electrical connectors, just disconnect the two connectors, and then it will be off. you can use electrical tape to tape off the now disconnected connectors, but the rubber/plastic tube should prevent it from water damage.

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
TRD make a cover for it. It actually part of the kit that come with the action package and panasonic celica.

·
Registered
145 Posts
dont unplug the whole connector cuz then you will disable all the electrical devices in your hatch like the wiper motor and the hatch power lock. I know i found TRD instructions on this site somewhere before but there is a correct way to do it. When I installed my TRD wing the instructions said to crossover one wire in the harness to another spot or something like that. The cover that goes over the third brake light wont hide it completely thats why you need to disable it electrically.

·
Registered
435 Posts
I think Bluebatmobile does have a complete cover for it.

just the top cover looks like this

Just be sure to unplug the wire or you might have light shining though the overlay

1 - 8 of 8 Posts