NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

Im fitting an alpine head unit to my dads celica (2002) manual model, i have brought the new head unit, facia plate and iso connector.

What i need to know is how do i remove the old stardard sony head unit to fit the new one. I want to do it without him noticing for fathers day lol

Any help would be great.

Cheers

Mark

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
1..turn ur shifter knob counter clockwise and take it off.
2..pull up on the shifter surround piece, slide ur finger on top of the shift booth and pull up..
3..un plug the cig connector located behind ur ashtray.
4..take off all the A/C knobs and remove the following screws

5..pull the entire console out by grabbing under the console and pull out slowly..this is wat u'll get.

6..remove 4 gold screws

now pull watever deck u got in there out and swap it for the new one...
put everything back in reverse and turn the key to ACC or ON and test out ur new deck..

good luck dude..hope that help..

·
Registered
295 Posts
and what to do if you have Climat control like I have, I can't pull of the knobs, they are buttons in my case :(

·
Registered
288 Posts
the plastic dash piece is held on by plastic clips above the ac nobs you can remove the top portion of the center piece there without messing with any ac nobs.....at least it is on an 00 auto gts.

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
no cuz the ac section is screwd to the top portion of the dash on the back side.

·
Registered
288 Posts
02celica said:
no cuz the ac section is screwd to the top portion of the dash on the back side.
would explain why i never put those screws back in.

·
Registered
788 Posts
Thanks i was trying to figure this out. should be helpfully when installing the new indash dvd!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts