NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

Can someone please explain how the stock fuel system works on the 1zz / 2zz engines? From my understanding there is a fixed regulator in the fuel pump assembly that maintains a pressure of around 55 psi, however this does not reference manifold pressure.

How does this work with change in manifold pressure? When there is a lot of vacuum, surely the pressure needs to be decreased by the amount of vacuum.

When going boosted, I know you should ideally change to a return type system with a 1:1 rising rate regulator to increase the fuel pressure by the amount of boost. However many people say it is it is fine to run the stock system with just an uprated pump and injectors. But then surely the fuel pressure would decrease by the amount of boost you are running.

Many thanks in advance for any info.

·
Super Moderator
12,227 Posts
you are correct on all parts. its a constant pressure with no vacuum reference.

if you are running a simple turbo setup with minimal boost (GT28RS with 7-9psi) you can upgrade the injectors and use a stand alone computer and tune accordingly.

however for big boost applications, you MUST go to a return system. search the forum. I designed a kit and have the install in a thread somewhere

1 - 3 of 3 Posts