NewCelica.org Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 60 of 138 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
casper8653 said:
I have a question. If the the pin in the rocker, is what allows the high cam lobe to be used which therefore pushes the valves in deeper: does that mean that there is two pins per cylinder (intake, exhaist) ? I am assuming the answer is yes, either way my question will still stand...where do the lift bolts come in?
That is correct, 2 pins per cylinder, each pin controls the rocker for two valves (16 valves in total). the lift bolts hold down the rocker shaft, which is essentially an oil passage. the oil control valve opens at 6000rpm, sending oil through the rocker shaft to each high cam follower, thus pushing the pin and forcing the valves to operate off of the high cam. so should these bolts break, its possible for the shaft to rotate, thus closing off the oil passage to each cam follower, and goodbye lift.

·
Registered
25 Posts
i have to say that is very interesting.I would have never know that. Can somebody email all that stuff to me so i can post it on our forum about cams an all bc if i try to explane it they will all laugh at me. Bc they think that the vvtli is a vtec on a toyota. THANKS

·
Registered
19 Posts
this is a novice question, but is the main difference between the 1zz-fe and the 2zz-fe the lift? and if so is it a common thing to switch the gt valvetrain with that of a gt-s? cuz the extra 40 horses would be nice if it's an easy/compatable swap.

·
HSD + VVTL-i = 53X
817 Posts
JACKWAYNE said:
this is a novice question, but is the main difference between the 1zz-fe and the 2zz-fe the lift? and if so is it a common thing to switch the gt valvetrain with that of a gt-s? cuz the extra 40 horses would be nice if it's an easy/compatable swap.
First of all it's 2zz-GE, and yes it is common to switch the drivetrain, ur better off just buying a GTS, it cheaper and a lot easier... :wiggle:

·
Registered
19 Posts
thanx for the clarity on the motor name, but i was asking about the VALVEtrain/head interchangeability. i like making up words.

·
HSD + VVTL-i = 53X
817 Posts
JACKWAYNE said:
thanx for the clarity on the motor name, but i was asking about the VALVEtrain/head interchangeability. i like making up words.
Yes u can interchange between drivetrain systems, GTS>GT, for most, GTS engine can be swapped to a GT Transmission, and a gts transmission can be swapped to a GT engine, ur choice...

·
Muffinboy
1,606 Posts
Kore971 said:
JACKWAYNE said:
Yes u can interchange between drivetrain systems, GTS>GT, for most, GTS engine can be swapped to a GT Transmission, and a gts transmission can be swapped to a GT engine, ur choice...

I think he was refering to the top end of the engine... valves, cams, head, etc...

·
Registered
65 Posts
Hi, I know this is 4 sure OT, but could you please help me. I just bought my 2000 GT-S, ofcourse manual, and I would like to replace the bolts. But I really don

·
Registered
3,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
GreatShamanGT said:
What does lift feel like?
it feels like a boost of 30 extra hp would feel like lol

when it kicks in, you totally know it. you can tune it out to when it kicks in you wont really notice it. check the tuning section for the performance thread for details about that. basically theres a dip in power right before lift kicks in, thats why it feels godly. tuning that out with a power fc and dropping lift to around 57 or 5800 will get rid of that.

·
Registered
143 Posts
JACKWAYNE said:
is it a common thing to switch the gt valvetrain with that of a gt-s? cuz the extra 40 horses would be nice if it's an easy/compatable swap.
Nobody answered this as far as I can see. Say you found a salvage GT-S engine, could you just swap that which causes lift and start your engine?
Please spare me the "you should have just bought a GT-S because it's going to cost bundles of cash" thanks.

·
Registered
3,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
Ferahgo said:
JACKWAYNE said:
is it a common thing to switch the gt valvetrain with that of a gt-s? cuz the extra 40 horses would be nice if it's an easy/compatable swap.
Nobody answered this as far as I can see. Say you found a salvage GT-S engine, could you just swap that which causes lift and start your engine?
Please spare me the "you should have just bought a GT-S because it's going to cost bundles of cash" thanks.
i thought we answered that just doing a gts head swap on a gt block wont work. this isnt a honda. and dropping a gts motor in your GT isnt all that expensive anymore. the gts engines can be either pieced together for around 2000 or less depeding on the mileage and the seller wanting to get rid of it fast enough. i mean the spyder guys have been swapping 2zzs in for years, it was expensive at one point, but now a days its not to bad. plus if you did the swap and kept your car for over a year or two you would be paying less insurance then a gts owner would and gain your money back that way lol. hope this helps

·
Registered
18 Posts
Lift Problelms!!! Plrease help

I've been experiencing some problems with my LIFT. I'll start from the beginning.

I first noticed my car was idling high so I changed my MAF sensor. I disconnected the battery after I installed that. It helped for a little bit then it started to idle high again. I bought a new Injen intake thinking maybe the cheap $25 intake was screwing something up. After installing that I disconnected the battery again and it idled at around 1000rpm's. Now it idles around 1500rpm's after a few hours. But it seems every time i disconnect the battery and reconnect it; it idles at what it should be and hits LIFT with no problem. Another thing is that LIFT on works sometimes. Also the car was an automatic at one point and someone took the time and money to swapped it to a manual, can that screw anything up?

If anyone has had this problem or knows what can cause this please help because its annoying.

41 - 60 of 138 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.