NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok dumb question I know

I own a 5 speed GT, and test drove an auto GTS about 2 years ago when I knew nothing about lift, I don't even recall if i hit lift or anything.

Basically, how long does lift last....I know it's about 6.000 to 8,200 rpms, but how long does it stay in lift in terms of seconds.

It would have to be about a second and a half I'm guessing if you are flooring it (which obviously you would be doing if you're in lift). I am just curious...and I'm also thinking about stepping up to a 6 speed GTS but I don't think the performance would be substantially different. In my GT I get over 6,000 rpms maybe once or twice a day and from my understanding the cars are identical up to 6,000 rpms in terms of performance until the GTS hits lift.

I guess a visit to the dealer is in store for me to test drive one (but not a 2002). Unfortunately they probably wouldn't let me hit lift in it.

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
Once you hit lift, be prepare to shift, and after u shift and you should be able to land onto another lift, so it can last a while.

·
Premium Member
4,756 Posts
As long as you can stay in between 6K and 8200 you will be in lift.

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
When im in the celica nothing matters anymore ....For those rushes between 6000 and 8300 RPM's ............ im free.

:cool:

·
Registered
490 Posts
lift in 1st gear is like a second, lift in 5th gear is like a minute. what are you getting at by asking how long lift is in seconds?

·
Registered
292 Posts
BRAK said:
When im in the celica nothing matters anymore ....For those rushes between 6000 and 8300 RPM's ............ im free.

:cool:
gee that sounds kinda lame.. you getting that quote from fast and furious.

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
hahaha.....

i think most people would see that smiley and immediately think of it as a joke.... but... i guess not.

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
JaySong said:

gee that sounds kinda lame.. you getting that quote from fast and furious.
LMAO
Young grasshoppa ... you have much to learn .... look at my post count, i know what im posting on here. Dont bash the vets

·
Registered
3,930 Posts
blackcelicagts said:
can u hit lift wid a sportsshift? and how? by revving above 6000? plz clear up the confusion....

thanx
redline the b*tch..you'll feel it:) but unfortunately...we can't stay in life :( stupid automatic

1 - 12 of 12 Posts