NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many of you here with aftermarket rims carry a stock wheel for a spare?

something about that tiny spare i dont trust, i carry two spares in my trunk just in case

how about you guys?

·
Registered
435 Posts
Uhh... maybe it's just me but I don't carry any spare unless I plan on driving over 30 miles from my house.

You carry 2 spares??? A bit paranoid maybe? :)

·
Registered
3,930 Posts
Originally posted by SuperCelica[GTS]
How many of you here with aftermarket rims carry a stock wheel for a spare?

something about that tiny spare i dont trust, i carry two spares in my trunk just in case

how about you guys?
It's ok Young. You have an auto gts so you don't have to worry about that extra weight :chuckles: jp man. Don't tell me you still have that trunk setup? I barely want to carry my donut.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Here in Canada, full size spare was standard on the GT-S, so that's what I carry.

The donuts are actually fine for getting you to the garage. Make sure to check the pressure often - these need high pressure as indicated on the sidewall to avoid overheating. Also, make sure not to exceed the recommended speed or distance on the donut.

·
Registered
406 Posts
i drive 200 miles to school, so i carry a full size spare. I actually got a flat once, so its a must have for me.

SF GT or anyone else, if you want a stock steel wheel with good rubber, i have one lying around that you can have.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
I just put a lift kit on my Celica and carry around some tank treads. That way if all 4 tires blow at the same time I can just raise the car up and attach them and monster truck my way home. :gap:

·
Premium Member
4,756 Posts
no spare in the back, but if i get a flat im screwed

·
Registered
426 Posts
on that note, is there a way to put a full size in the space with the top of the wheel flush with the floor?

·
Registered
225 Posts
ucmd03 said:
on that note, is there a way to put a full size in the space with the top of the wheel flush with the floor?
On mine, the top of the tire sits above the floor. There are plastic storage bins on both sides that are bolted to the floor and make a level surface on which the trunk carpet sits.

·
Registered
371 Posts
you guys don't have a full size spare that came with the car? I do for some reason... 15" steel wheel with stock tire :p

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
I don't think a full sized spare will even fit in the space under the trunk floor board. The donut barely barely fits side to side on my GT-S.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Originally posted by Automaton
I don't think a full sized spare will even fit in the space under the trunk floor board. The donut barely barely fits side to side on my GT-S.
Yes, it fits in the opening, but the top does sit above the floor.

Originally posted by marcus_GTS
On mine, the top of the tire sits above the floor. There are plastic storage bins on both sides that are bolted to the floor and make a level surface on which the trunk carpet sits.
I realize it's hard to picture based on what I've said above. Any fellow Canadians have a picture of the trunk with the carpet removed?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts