NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No need for excuses or whatever, just curious who here has tracked their car, especially if it's with any regularity, and what they did to get the car track ready.

thanks,
john

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
I have a bit. but will do more this year (waiting till October). I went stock for my first 3 times. I now installed a Mocal oil cooler and that is about it. No suspension mods yet (I don't think I'm good enough).
War has done quite a few events as well.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
I've taken a couple at Road Atlanta.....just the basic mods...nothing with new suspension work yet........I did the basic gutting of the car (Rear tire, seats, etc.), made sure I had new pads and shoes on my brakes, changed the oil, and made sure all of my fluids were good. Just the basic prep stuff, and getting there at 6:30 in the morning when they start and you'll be set

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
I ran mine once, just bled the brakes with fresh fluid. I'll assume that you keep everything else in good running order. I doubt I even took the spare out of the back, it's not a race, so what difference does another 25 lbs make?

In the end, I don't ocnsider my '00 Celica disposable, and you need to be able to do that to run on track (or you really should re-evaluate your priorities).

My current track car is my '73 Celica. It's paid for, it's not a daily driver, etc. If I crash it and can walk away that is all that matters.

I don't feel that I have that luxury with a nearly new car.

Scott

·
Registered
129 Posts
I ran my XRS at limerock in CT. I did the basic prep (emptying all the junk out, check fluids, check pads) i also changed my brake fluid to ATE super blue high temp fluid, and got some good synthetic gear oil.

all in all, a great time. i plan on doing it often

·
Recovering Celica Driver
513 Posts
I've run my Celica at 3 tracks and haven't run it at a track for a while. Definitely make sure all the fluids are topped off and bleed the brakes before and after the event :) A second set of wheels/tires helps, also :) I'd also recommend bringing extra fluids for the car and for yourself! Water does a body good! :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts