NewCelica.org Forum banner

61 - 76 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi there everyone,

First time posting, I own a T23 Celica EU model and currently working on a engine build for a turbo setup.

I have wiseco 79.5 mm [8.8:1] forged pistons with crowler connecting rods. I am concerned if the engine has to be sleeved to manage later boost levels of around 17-20+ psi. I have already acquired the usual stuff for strengthening the bottom end from MWR e.g. better studs, bearings, new timing chain, almost virgin 1zz-fe crank, new clutch etc... but the challenge i face is with the block. This block was showing signs of piston ring wear [smoking under high acceleration] so i decided to get it rebuilt. Is sleeves mandatory for this application as the OEM bore is 79mm and these pistons are 79.5mm not a big difference i would say.

Main Question: Is the cylinder wall without sleeves able to withstand boost levels of what i am interested in [17-20+ psi [2bar]]and above. Please let me have your opinions as i have to make this decision on monday.

Cheers,

Markus:confused:

·
Registered
805 Posts
Ok so i read the first post and wanted to run this set-up by you guys?

So this summer i either planon turboing my celica instead of getting coilovers heres the plan:

Ok so i found a good ebay turbo manifold-http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Toyota-1ZZ-2ZZ-Turbo-Exhaust-Manifold-T3-Flange_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem5ad63be8a7QQitemZ390141307047QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

and i plan on getting a small probaly 60 trim turbo from a local site here or maybe just buy one from ebay( i really dont want to but may have too).

so the plan is that a friend of mine is going to make a custom downpipe and pipiing for the turbo and i provide the manifold, turbo, intercooler, and injectors and bov/wastegate. all that for about $1000. dunno if its possible to find it for all that but yeah. so my questions are

1) should i keep the stock clutch( which is still very strong) or op up and get a stage 1?
2) keep my stock fuel pump since he says its capable of handeling that type of power
3) which are good injectors to run
4) and i plan on onnly putting maybe 7-10 pounds so nothing to crazy since im on stoack will that help me keep my stocks?

so yeah does this sound like a good plan? do you guys think it will work and how are you boost freaks running your setup?

·
O_o
7,222 Posts
So this summer i either planon turboing my celica instead of getting coilovers heres the plan:
Were the coilovers going to cost you $5,000, because a proper turbo setup if going to run you in that area.

Please please please, read, re-read and read again every sticky in the forced induction and tuning sections.

·
Registered
908 Posts
I don't know if people have asked this on this forum but how much would the transmissions hold? How about with simple stuff like stage 1 upgraded clutch and lighter flywheel. Somebody told me the c60's snap at around 350hp -_- makes me not confident in doing 300whp goal.
1zz?
2zz?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi guys.

I have some question about the ECU for my 1ZZ (2001) Celica.

I just ended to prepare and install my new Darton sleeved 1ZZ engine with Wiseco pistons (stock compression ratio), Pauter rods, King bearings, new Toyota kankshaft, ARP stud an bolts, Supertech valves, MWR titanium valve spring retainers, MWR valve springs, etc. etc.

The turbokit is completely custom (custom air2air intercooler, custom oil and water coolers, custom headers and 2,5" exhaust, custom fuel rail and return line, 265lph DeatschWerks fuel pump and 625cc fuel injectors etc. etc.

The turbo charger I'll use is a Garrett GT28RS and i'm going to run it at 0,5-0,6 bar.

I already have a PFC but I decide to don't use it, because fom my point of view it does not look too much reliable.

I'd like to buy a EMS Hydra Nemesis 2.7 (gamma version) with wiring for 1ZZ engines but I'm not sure about some things:

- will original gauge cluster work perfectly (also water temp display)?
- will original automatic AirConditioned work perfectly?

Somewhere, I don't remember where, I read that there could be some problem with water temp display and the AirConditioned.

Thanks a lot!

·
Vendor
15,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
Hi guys.

I have some question about the ECU for my 1ZZ (2001) Celica.

I just ended to prepare and install my new Darton sleeved 1ZZ engine with Wiseco pistons (stock compression ratio), Pauter rods, King bearings, new Toyota kankshaft, ARP stud an bolts, Supertech valves, MWR titanium valve spring retainers, MWR valve springs, etc. etc.

The turbokit is completely custom (custom air2air intercooler, custom oil and water coolers, custom headers and 2,5" exhaust, custom fuel rail and return line, 265lph DeatschWerks fuel pump and 625cc fuel injectors etc. etc.

The turbo charger I'll use is a Garrett GT28RS and i'm going to run it at 0,5-0,6 bar.

I already have a PFC but I decide to don't use it, because fom my point of view it does not look too much reliable.

I'd like to buy a EMS Hydra Nemesis 2.7 (gamma version) with wiring for 1ZZ engines but I'm not sure about some things:

- will original gauge cluster work perfectly (also water temp display)?
- will original automatic AirConditioned work perfectly?

Somewhere, I don't remember where, I read that there could be some problem with water temp display and the AirConditioned.

Thanks a lot!
The Nemesis 2.7 is installed in Parallel with the stock ECU. The stock ECU retains control of the temp gauge and the air conditioning, so they still work fine. The 2.7 runs everything else. If you install the 2.7 as a FULL standalone (no stock ecu) then yes - your AC and temp gauge will cease to function.

·
Registered
7 Posts
with your engine specs you can go double that
I know, but I'm also looking for reliability because I'd like to use the car in daily drive, and not only for track days.

Any other suggestion for others affordable (Motec it's too expensive) standalone fully manageble ECU tested on T23 celica on market?

Thanks.

·
^^ I'm with stupid ^^
870 Posts
I know, but I'm also looking for reliability because I'd like to use the car in daily drive, and not only for track days.

Any other suggestion for others affordable (Motec it's too expensive) standalone fully manageble ECU tested on T23 celica on market?

Thanks.
I daily at 12psi

If you're going to daily on boost don't cheap out on your ems

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11 Posts
Vipec, Link, Adaptronic, Haltech, and EMS are all quite capable of running your engine.

One of the key plug and play ecu manufacturers for the Lotus Elise 2zz use an Adaptro ecu in a different case and preconfigured for that setup.

61 - 76 of 76 Posts