NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at 2 rims, both 17x7s. The Centerlines are polished (which im not sure fits the celicas style) but weighs in at a modest 15lbs. The TSWs look a lot better but are gonna be 21lbs a peice. Peformance wise, is there that much difference between the two? If the difference is in terms of a tenth of a second...i'm not that concerned with it.

Centerline Storm - Polished

TSW Catalunya - Hyper Black w/ Polished lip

Which do you guys think look better as well?

·
Registered
8,225 Posts
Q*Spec said:
yeah, if i have 19x8s how much will that really slow the cars acceleration?
A huge amount. N/A Celica's just were not made to carry that kind of rotational mass around. Theres not enough torque for it. Unless you found some light ass 19" but that will probably cost you $1200 a wheel.
jst07 said:
I'm looking at 2 rims, both 17x7s. The Centerlines are polished (which im not sure fits the celicas style) but weighs in at a modest 15lbs. The TSWs look a lot better but are gonna be 21lbs a peice. Peformance wise, is there that much difference between the two? If the difference is in terms of a tenth of a second...i'm not that concerned with it.
Stock is 19lbs. (GTS) So you're looking a little above and a little below. The difference with the 21 isn't gonna be that much. You would only really notice it up a hill with cargo in the car.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts