NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just thought i would start this......

list how much your car wieghs and what you did to acheive the wieght.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I'll start......

2600 pds.....although i think thats a little too much with my gutted rear and trunk and no passenger seat. I think the scale was off....

·
Registered
11,645 Posts
prob 2600-2700

doesnt help with the wheels and sound system.

·
Registered
11,169 Posts
I've estimated it to be...

2580 (approx starting curb weight)

- 27 factory exhaust
- 7 rear seat cushion
- 22 back seats
- 15 panels
- 24 spare
- 5 jack
- 2 rear floormats
- 38 wheels & tires
- 6 cruise control
- 11 stock manifold
- 16 stock springs
- 20 stock struts
- 15 stock sways
- 5 stock airbox
- 6 Cargo cover

+ 35 EVO 2 exhaust
+ 5 rear strut tower bar
+ 4 front strut tower bar
+ 3 trunk bar
+ 38 GReddy supercharger and manifold
+ 24 TRD struts
+ 20 TRD springs
+ 17 TRD sways
+ 3 SRI and Heat shielding

Total weight redux = -70

New curb weight = 2510

Me fully clothed = +150
assorted junk = + 5
= 2665

gas: 1 gal premium = 6.35

full tank (14.5 gal) = 93 (-00)
3/4 full (10.875 gal) = 69 (-24)
1/2 full (7.25 gal) = 46 (-47)
1/4 full (3.625 gal) = 23 (-70)

++++Final Weights++++
Curb W/Me
w/ full tank = 2510 2665
w/ 3/4 tank = 2486 2641
w/ 1/2 tank = 2463 2618
w/ 1/4 tank = 2440 2595

I need to check my math, but I think that's about right...

Edit ... ugh, I really need to just do this in Excel. Now the estimates should be reasonably accurate.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Mine probably weighs 100 pounds more because of bondo/several layers of primer/bodykit/18's.

·
Premium Member
7,616 Posts
jlitman said:
I've estimated it to be...

2580 (approx starting curb weight)

- 27 factory exhaust
- 7 rear seat cushion
- 22 back seats
- 15 panels
- 24 spare
- 5 jack
- 2 rear floormats
- 38 wheels & tires
- 6 cruise control
- 11 stock manifold
- 16 stock springs
- 20 stock struts
- 15 stock sways
- 5 stock airbox
- 6 Cargo cover

+ 35 EVO 2 exhaust
+ 5 rear strut tower bar
+ 4 front strut tower bar
+ 3 trunk bar
+ 38 GReddy supercharger and manifold
+ 24 TRD struts
+ 20 TRD springs
+ 17 TRD sways
+ 3 SRI and Heat shielding

Total weight redux = -70

New curb weight = 2510

Me fully clothed = +150
assorted junk = + 5
= 2665

gas: 1 gal premium = 6.35

full tank (14.5 gal) = 93 (-00)
3/4 full (10.875 gal) = 69 (-24)
1/2 full (7.25 gal) = 46 (-47)
1/4 full (3.625 gal) = 23 (-70)

++++Final Weights++++
Curb W/Me
w/ full tank = 2510 2665
w/ 3/4 tank = 2486 2641
w/ 1/2 tank = 2463 2618
w/ 1/4 tank = 2440 2595

I need to check my math, but I think that's about right...

Edit ... ugh, I really need to just do this in Excel. Now the estimates should be reasonably accurate.
Math schmath. Get it weighed.

·
Registered
11,169 Posts
Hey man, the factory did that for the car and I weighed each piece removed or added (or borrowed from the database) so it should be pretty close. So :fawk:

Having said that, I have been meaning to go to a weigh station -- what's the typical protocol? Just show up? There's always a line of big rigs and I don't want to be an ass and hold up folks trying to do their job... also is there any charge?

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
jlitman said:
Hey man, the factory did that for the car and I weighed each piece removed or added (or borrowed from the database) so it should be pretty close. So :fawk:

Having said that, I have been meaning to go to a weigh station -- what's the typical protocol? Just show up? There's always a line of big rigs and I don't want to be an ass and hold up folks trying to do their job... also is there any charge?
I've never tried but usually you can just show up and get it weighed (friends i know of have done so but....)....only thing is sometimes you cant see the readings cause they are ment for large high trucks so the scale gauge thing might me taller than your car depending on where you go. No charge either

If you go to the drag strip or tracks, they have weighing stations there....probably better off.....

·
Registered
2,561 Posts
jlitman said:

When I raced at raceway park in NJ they had a scale that you can drive on at the end of the drag strip. I'm not sure if any other drag strips have that, but it was pretty cool.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Don't go to a scale on an interstate...as previously said...they don't always give you the correct reading or one at all. Find a trucker gas station stop...they always have a scale there. It costs about $7 up here to get weighed...don't know how much in Tampa. Where exactly in Tampa are you? I'm originally from there...I might know some places according to where you are...

I don't have a celica...but mine tips the scales at 1700lbs... The way mine sits, however, I would say it weighs 1500 or so...

That's right...1500lbs...now if I could just get some power going to the motor...LOLOL!!! Lil POS 90hp car...

·
Registered
324 Posts
mine weighed 2400lbs with me in it and half tank of gas. lightly gutted(back seat and spare&jack removed.) also carbon fiber hood and hatch with lexan window.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
mnbvcxz said:
mine weighed 2400lbs with me in it and half tank of gas. lightly gutted(back seat and spare&jack removed.) also carbon fiber hood and hatch with lexan window.
thats pretty good!!

·
Registered
11,169 Posts
2swft4u said:
Don't go to a scale on an interstate...as previously said...they don't always give you the correct reading or one at all. Find a trucker gas station stop...they always have a scale there. It costs about $7 up here to get weighed...don't know how much in Tampa. Where exactly in Tampa are you? I'm originally from there...I might know some places according to where you are...

I don't have a celica...but mine tips the scales at 1700lbs... The way mine sits, however, I would say it weighs 1500 or so...

That's right...1500lbs...now if I could just get some power going to the motor...LOLOL!!! Lil POS 90hp car...
USF area, but I'd take a little road trip to confirm the actual weight on a full tank :)

1700-1500 lbs? Not joking? Jeez, that's light! If you can either do an engine swap or turbo that thing it will be insanely quick!

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
1500-1700? I dont think that is possible or i might be wrong....what did you do to achieve it?

·
Registered
11,645 Posts
ahnjae said:
1500-1700? I dont think that is possible or i might be wrong....what did you do to achieve it?
its not a celica. its a suzuki swift

1 - 20 of 26 Posts