NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i dont know how much mine weighs..but on the id tag inside the driver side door the GVWR: 3445lbs for mine and its a gt-s...does that mean my car weighs that much?

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
i don't know, but i also have a gt-s w/ leather seats and it says GVWR: 3445lbs also, and FR 2115lb and RR 2080. I don't know what FR and RR stands for.

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i thought gt-s's were ~2500lbs:)

·
Registered
36 Posts
GVWR = Gross Vehile Weight Rating, it's the load capacity of your car, car's weight + cargo.

·
Registered
2,769 Posts
oh lol.. good one v8, i dind't know that.

but yeah.. mine is heavy cuz i got a urethane kit.. two 10" subs in the back.. a couple of amps and 18" rims. so yeah its not light.

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Just for comparison, my Type R weighed 2500 even when I weighed it at the track with a full interior. It had just over 1/4 tank of gas.

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
so nudege ur 130lbs like me?:):):):)

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
nudge1201 said:
Last time I went to the track I wieghed my GT-S at 2360lb, and 2495lb with me in it. (Slightly stripped)
I guess this weight is possible if the car had a nearly empty gas tank...

·
Registered
357 Posts
i've always thought our cars were freakishly light... i know it's the only thing saving me from total obliteration on the road w/ my meager 140hp stock... that and my nitrous. :evil:

·
Registered
290 Posts
I weigh 135. I have no sunroof, no leather, and no ABS basically the only option is a spoiler also i have 17 inch CP-035. I was being a sarcastic with (slightly stripped). That is the rear seats and everything behind that, the exhaust removed, and the passanger seat. I think I could take another 30 or so pound out by removeing my strut tower braces, seatbelt housing, spoiler, center console, etc. all the small stuff.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts