NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I beat on my GTS hard and the transmission is going out. All the synchros are grinding and 5th and 6th are completely shot. I'm crazy so I'm still driving it as my daily and I'm just having to max out at 4th for the time being. Of course that doesn't help me to refrain from racing it especially when I'm on the highway given its ready to go at 5krpm without having to downshift. Needless to say its going out faster and faster and I need a new transmission. Trying to do my research so here is my question: How much should I expect to pay for a new transmission? Obviously I can look for deals but I want to know what a normal price range for a new gts transmission would go for. Or at least what is other peoples experience? And just to clarify I'm asking specifically about price for the trans. itself not labor to install. That's the question. Thank

·
Registered
153 Posts
Ebay, junk yard or rebuild it. Ebay or around 1200ish rebuild prolly about the same, junk yard 300ish then the cost to rebuild it when u realize its no good too. Lol...

Sent from my SM-S767VL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
50 Posts
If you go used it's probably best to get one from a reputable and local JDM importer.
Otherwise buy a junk one and have it rebuilt, or find one already rebuilt to buy.
All in all you'll be spending 1k-2k+ depending on the route. Rebuilt is better but more expensive. You can also spend the big bucks and get one rebuilt by someone who can also cryo treat everything, for longevity. If you really want to go all out one of the aftermarket lotus companies has partnered with Synchrotech and sells carbon lined synchros that will work in a c60 box.

·
Registered
7 Posts
check for any part outs of celicas around you if you’re willing to do the swap yourself. it’s pretty simple to do with a basic socket set and a jack and jack stands. there’s someone near me selling a gts trans for $400 and a few people selling them with the engine for about $1000. it’s worth it to do it yourself if you have the time and think you could do it

1 - 5 of 5 Posts