NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was curious as to how much hp/torque the Apexi Power FC puts down into our car? And even though I have a GTS would it be useless for a GT to have it without having lift?

·
Registered
12,350 Posts
Power FC doesnt "need" lift. It is just a replacement of your stock ECU thats remapped from stock settings to improve HP.

Depending on the mods prior to the PFC will determine your HP gains.

·
Registered
625 Posts
IScrewedUp said:
I was curious as to how much hp/torque the Apexi Power FC puts down into our car? And even though I have a GTS would it be useless for a GT to have it without having lift?
The PFC did show gains on a gt from having i/h/e and stock ecu to i/h/e and pfc. The results were pretty nice for the gt as they were able to smooth out the torque curve and gained about 10whp in the mid range. Peak gain was about 5whp. here:http://www.newcelica.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=136146&highlight=pfc+dyno

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
It is a tuning tool, so the answer is really "it depends". It depends on your mods, mostly, and the skill of the tuner. Also what kind of fuel you plan on running, and your climate.

Jon

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
so basically if someone was to buy this first they would have to re-tune their car everytime? With having a PFC on an auto would that greatly increase its responsiveness on the throttle and get the feeling of what kind of power the gt 5speeds feel like?

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
You will never get the same throttle response a manual car does. The torque converter will never feel like a clutch. You can increase throttle response, but an easier way to do it is to tighten your throttle cable (assuming you don't have the drive by wire system). And yes, the PowerFC would have to be retuned to optimize new modifications.

Jon

·
Registered
12,350 Posts
Originally posted by JohnnyWash1
And yes, the PowerFC would have to be retuned to optimize new modifications.

Jon
:werd: PFC should be your last mod after your get all the ones you want. That way it can be tuned properly to the existing mods.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts