NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How much is it going to cost to install the xs turbo? Would I be able to do it myself if I have a little engine work experience? Anyone know what i can expect to pay?

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
coOOlcelica said:
what about tuning ??
Comes already pre-tuned with engine management with new fuel map and stuff like that. You should'nt really need to mess with it, the computer should and compensate for normal changes.

Only way you can fine tune it any more is if you goto a dyno with a wideband O2 sensor, buy the optional FC Commander, and someone who really know's their shiet, esp with the FC Commander.

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
Your stock O2 sensor can only tell whether your car is running rich or lean (like either on and off, no in between or values).

A wideband O2 sensor tells you exactly what your Air/Fuel ratio is. Usually they are available for rent at a dyno and cost around $50 extra,

The Power FC Commander cost around $310-350.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Can I assume this would be a feasible kit to install for ur more than average wrenchhead. Lets see, I've installed my suspension, intake, radio, belts...etc. The only problems I have when installing things is finding the right tools...have u ever experienced road blocks when installing things because u don't have the right tool...i hate this.

·
Registered
7,726 Posts
I would have a shop do it, because our engine space is so small its hard to install these things. You may be able to install all this by yourself, but its going to take you quite awhile and many cuts on your hands :)
It does come preprogrammed, but it is not optimized for your car (every car is alittle different) If you are a guy who has to have everything perfect you do have to go to a dyno shop ($150/hr for dyno time in CA) and will probably be more because for this fine tuning you would want to go to a Apex authorized dealers tuners because they will have a computer with Apex software that will be able to tune better than a Commander (According to post by Keyshawn) If you go to these shops they are around $200/hr here in CA. Just remember you will be spending big bucks when you fine tuning your car, I would say 2 hours minimum...

·
Registered
3,619 Posts
cool2miketlu said:
...you would want to go to a Apex authorized dealers tuners because they will have a computer with Apex software that will be able to tune better than a Commander (According to post by Keyshawn)...
Actually, as far as I know, XS Engineering is the only Apex authorized shop in the U.S. with the laptop interface software, since Eric at XS used to be one of the head engineers at Apexi USA. All the other U.S. authorized shops still use the FC Commander, if I'm not mistaken.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts