NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Buck Futter
1,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so this summer, i think i'm going to paint my stock side skirts. i know people like jesseill have done theirs. i really like the look of the stock lines, lowerd a bit with the stock skirts painted. anyways, how much should i be looking at to get them painted? i will take them on and off and clean them as much as i can. also, has anyone gotten that paint protection on sides like that? mine have some scuffs on them now so i figured i'd get the paint guard deal to keep them nice. a good ballpark figure would be nice. thanks!

·
Zettai Unmei Mokushiroku
28,866 Posts
I would imagine around $100. I know people are getting their center console and some interior accents done for around that price, and the side skirts are just two pieces.

You should get some of that 3M rock chip resistant film for the sideskirts. When I get my bumpers, hood, and sideskirts painted, that's definitely going on them. This winter killed my paint job, rock chips everywhere.

·
Registered
4,133 Posts
Blue Bomber said:
I would imagine around $100. I know people are getting their center console and some interior accents done for around that price, and the side skirts are just two pieces.

You should get some of that 3M rock chip resistant film for the sideskirts. When I get my bumpers, hood, and sideskirts painted, that's definitely going on them. This winter killed my paint job, rock chips everywhere.
Where can you get this stuff and does it shine up after a wx and wash job? How noticeable is it?

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
i dunno if this helps, but i got my stock sides, third brake light cover, and trd sports m spoiler for $180. but i think that was a great deal. i dunno how much body shops charge in your area. also, i gotta point out that early on people have said the paint will not stick to the stock sides...even the first body shop i took it too refused to do it because they thought it would peel. but since i was gonna get my spoiler painted i jus thought what the hell. and the paint has been great on the sides. no signs of cracking/peeling etc (*knock on wood*) and the car is slammed and the sides took a beating underneath. so dont let that comment stop ya.

·
Registered
3,004 Posts
You know what you might try? So far, just regular painting has been fine on mine, but you should ask bat if he can make a vinyl overlay for your side skirt. Then you will never have to worry about the rock chips and his stuff is a perfect match. The cost would be real low.

Just an idea. I just never thought of it till now.

·
Zettai Unmei Mokushiroku
28,866 Posts
GTSnut said:
You know what you might try? So far, just regular painting has been fine on mine, but you should ask bat if he can make a vinyl overlay for your side skirt. Then you will never have to worry about the rock chips and his stuff is a perfect match. The cost would be real low.

Bat's vinyl may work if it's thin and strong enough. The 3M (and other brands) come in thicknesses between 8-12 mil, so they can be stretched over curved surfaces. They are perfectly clear and can be waxed and polished easily. Not cheap, though, but you get what you pay for with stuff like this.

·
Registered
7,680 Posts
GTSnut said:

hmmmmm:rolleyes:

Bat

·
Registered
194 Posts
just got my kit installed and i'm going to get the clearbra put on hopefully next week or this weekend. i'll post pics when it's done. the guy at my tint place told me $275-$350 for the front bumper only. but hey if it keeps it clean i'll pay

·
Buck Futter
1,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
how would the paint not stick? it's just like any other body part.. with proper prep it should be fine. i think the 3m stuff is what i'm looking at doing... i'll get a quote in a week or two

·
Registered
269 Posts
baNanA_ryCe said:

freaky ass sig jigga
Thanks! :gap: Sweettooth r00lz!

BTW, I would highly recommend to anyone thinking about the clear bra to look into that VPF website. It's cheaper to buy yourself and it applies like vinyl stuff. Cut, spray with a soapy soultion, position, squeegy, and let dry. It costs a lot from a shop because they charge out the bunghole for installation.

·
Registered
4,593 Posts
k2snownsk8 said:
how would the paint not stick? it's just like any other body part.. with proper prep it should be fine. i think the 3m stuff is what i'm looking at doing... i'll get a quote in a week or two
if its not prepped right it wont stick :) lol but other then that there should be no problem :werd:

·
Buck Futter
1,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
here's an update: i got a quote... 150 bucks for me to bring my sides to them and they paint them the stock silver. not bad. i'm gonna ask how much the paint protection stuff is extra and if it's not too much more, i'll get it. otherwise, i'll be done.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.