NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im wanting to paint my front bumper again and want to shave the corner lenses and fill the little holes for the license plate too.
how much do you think this would cost and have it painted again?

·
Registered
3,110 Posts
Are you getting rid of the side markers completely or are you gonna do the JDM/Euro side markers up on the fenders? If so I will trade fenders with you .... I've got 2 black fenders with the JDM style side markers and all that jazz...... and I am just gonna get them filled and go back to the normal style.

·
Registered
6,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
nope im just getting them filled and nothing on the fenders.
i think they seem out of place and stick out like a sore thumb thats why im doing this.
it will look good once its done.
i will be selling my clear corners and stock amber corners when i do it though.

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
filling the hole you can do it yourself for about 12 bucks, if you buy 1 gallon of bondo at an automotove paint shop, and about 4 bucks in sanding paper starting with a thick one, all the way down, always sanding it wet...

but since you have to repaint the whole thing deal it out....and try to get that for free....since they dont have to install it or make it fit...all they have do is paint it again, and i am assuming there are no imperfections extra they would have to fix 200 to 300.....but you know shops....
good luck

·
Registered
920 Posts
See.. I don't get that. To each his own and all, but even though it would look cleaner, I consider the sidemarkers to be a safety feature. They make the car more visible at night from the side. I mean, i dunno about where u live, but isn't it illegal to not have sidemarkers? I don't think I'd even pass inspection. And even if it wasn't illegal here... what if someone smashed the crap outta the side of the front bumper.. and then they found out that you had no sidemarkers (removed o.e.). . they could totally just say "well, he removed his sidemarkers.. so I couldn't see him" and then perhaps he would be found not liable. Yeah, maybe it is a long shot... but we live in the land of lawyers.

Just a thought....

·
Premium Member
18,200 Posts
TRD-GT said:
filling the hole you can do it yourself for about 12 bucks, if you buy 1 gallon of bondo at an automotove paint shop, and about 4 bucks in sanding paper starting with a thick one, all the way down, always sanding it wet...
Yeah, if you want it to crack after about a week. Expect to pay about $100 on top of your paint work to have those holes shaved correctly with liquid urethane. Make sure you shop is experienced with that. It needs to be applied in thin layers and built up. Every time it dries, it will sink. You best bet is to have them bake your front end in the paint drying oven so they are sure the urethane has sank completely before painting the piece.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
i think they look good on your car. that and it would suck to get hit by someone because they didn't see you at night. your car is black! anyway but how much you want for the clear corners? they're the apc ones aren't they!

·
Registered
6,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yea they are the apc ones. ill take 20 when i do this.
i think it will look good and cops dont usually say anything to me.
they wont notice a difference if i ever get into an accident.
my car will stand out a little more with the hid's i would think anyway.
usually az doesn't really care much on stuff done to your cars.
ive had a problem with my turn signals by being pulled over but that was over a year ago and i still have them in.
never had trouble with my tint and it is pretty damn illegal.

·
Registered
480 Posts
it should run you about $200-$300. Just take your business elsewhere if they charge you an arm an a leg ($400 seems way too much) Shop around, and i'm sure you'll find one with a body man who's worked on urethane bumpers (personally, i like the guys who design and build kits because they're always doing that kinda stuff...filling in holes, making new holes). any suggestions from your local AZ folk?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.