NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How much does everyone pay to get their bottle filled up? This will be my first time :gap: I'm stoked but don't want to get ripped off. Thanks

·
Registered
445 Posts
i pay 4 bucks a pound up here in cleveland and thats the norm.

·
Registered
370 Posts
damn lucky ass ppl.... i have to pay $5 per lb. here in millbrae/ san francisco area.
if you dont want to get ripped off i think u should weight your bottle before you go and check it and see if they ripped u off. hope this helps! Goof luck and spray safe!

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
hey guys, is there any place you can go to get nitrous filled besides the speed shop? probably at a cheaper price?

what is the cheapest place in SoCal?

·
Registered
822 Posts
the only one around me is pasadena, ca $4.50 per lbs but more outside of town it goes down to around $3.00.

Most filling stations around Los Angeles stopped selling nitrous I think it has to do with our "friends" in blue and associating n2o with street racing...oh well

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
hmmm...interesting....stopped selling b/c business is not as good b/c the blue men group are cracking down on street racers using nitrous? I don't see why they would stop selling if the business is good, unless they are any liability issues...which I doubt. It would be like sueing the gun store for selling a gun legally that was used in a crime....

Pasadena works for me!!! I'm near there. What's the name of the shop?

·
Registered
772 Posts
I pay about 45 bucks altogether to fill a 10 pounder...

just for the record, I have an NX 10 pound bottle, which weighs in at 14 lbs. empty, and 24 lbs. full.... as far as I've learned, the only way to tell how full it is, is the weight.... making me want to install a bathroom scale in the hatch under the bottle to know when I have to fill it.

:chuckles:

·
Registered
445 Posts
i was thinking that too. but the brackets support the weight.youd have to screw the brackets to the scale then screw the scale down.my system keeps leaking(i can hear it after cranking everything super tight)i think its the guage.(2nd one)plus i keep forgeting to close my bottle.i would like to know how much leaked out before i spray. oh well!!!save up for a remote opener.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
oh....I was hoping to use the gauge to tell how full assuming relatively constant temps. but I can install a bathroom scale good idea.

·
Registered
445 Posts
using the guage doesnt work to well if you have a bottle heater

1 - 14 of 14 Posts