NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

· Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally decided to try hitting lift yesterday and I honestly could not feel anything. The first time I was going slightly uphill in 4th so i figured that was why I didn't feel anything, but then I tried it in 1st in town and at one point it felt like it almost hesitated at 6k rpms, but the time i tried after that I just couldn't seem to feel a difference. (stopping at about 65-6700 rpms)

So Is my engine just not lifting? Or do i just not know what to look for?

And also, I replaced the lift bolts a couple months ago so I know they are not broken.

· Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sounds like you scared and didnt hit it, just hit it till 8,200 rpms or 7,800 depending where rev meter is limited, depending on what year celi you have.
its an 01. And im scared of even getting up to 6k lol. I have the absolute worst luck with cars and dont wanna f*** anything up. I mean, It only has 70k miles on it, but still.

· Registered
461 Posts
check oil level. if oil is clean and between the min/max on dipstick.. HIT LIFT!
dont worry about upshifting, the car is rev limited electronically, you cant damage the engine by over-revving. When you hit 8.2 it will not go higher, it has a fuel cutoff.

youll be going about 60kmph, which is.. 35mph??

Also if you have an engine problem, your car wont engage lift and the rev limit will be at around 7k

· Registered
254 Posts
70k miles is a baby, you're not going to mess anything up using something built in the design of the engine. Just get it on a nice straightaway and put the pedal to the floor, you'll feel a kick when the VVL activates.

You tried hitting lift in 4th, which will toss you over 100 mph, I don't know why you're so scared of going 40 mph by hitting lift in 1st.

· Banned
971 Posts
Make sure your car is warmed up. Otherwise it won't hit lift, and will redline at about 7k rpm. I have a 2000 GT-S and once warmed up I ride it out and redline at nearly 8.5k RPM.

Trust me, you WILL notice. Handling is more precise, everything.

· DOИ'T bE BEETCH!
4,012 Posts

· Registered
1,576 Posts
Hope you dont have broken lift bolt. But ADchusky is right, the car must be warmed up to activate lift.
So go out there and hit it.... you will feel it.....nice nice

· Registered
1,576 Posts
Whats VTAK?

· Registered
5,752 Posts
check oil level. if oil is clean and between the min/max on dipstick.. HIT LIFT!
dont worry about upshifting, the car is rev limited electronically, you cant damage the engine by over-revving. When you hit 8.2 it will not go higher, it has a fuel cutoff.

youll be going about 60kmph, which is.. 35mph??

Also if you have an engine problem, your car wont engage lift and the rev limit will be at around 7k
Really now....

· DOИ'T bE BEETCH!
4,012 Posts

· Registered
1,576 Posts
thats what i thought... lol

· DOИ'T bE BEETCH!
4,012 Posts
1 - 20 of 66 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.