NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently installed coilovers on my car. How soon should I get an alignment done? Is two weeks after the installation too late???

Also, Do I have to get an alignment EVERY time I change the height?

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
set them to your normal ride height, then get an alignment sooner than possible...and yes technically whenever you adjust the height you'll need an alignment, but i'm sure nobody does

·
Registered
282 Posts
You are suppose to wait at least A WEEK to let the springs settle before getting the alignment.

·
Premium Member
4,756 Posts
a week sounds good but dont wait too long!

·
Registered
2,436 Posts
what if you don't get an alignment...i haven't gotten an alignment since I installed my skunk2 coilover and its been over half a year and the alignment isn't off, i don't notice any pulls and my tires are fine. I recently installed kyb shocks so I am definitely going to get an alignment but still i don't notice any alignment problem. What are the symptoms of alignment problems?

·
Registered
8,364 Posts
When you lower your car... it's mostly camber needs to be adjusted..
Celica has pretty good tolerance.... so you can drive around without alighnment without much problem..
But if you do like me(2.25 front 2.5 back) or other people who does like 1.8(sportline) 2" or more....
I do recomand getting alighnment...

Tire wears out uneven.... inner side of the tire willl wear out faster.. while driving for like 3-4 months.. without alightment.. there is distinct uneven wear....
But got it done last week....

Just wait couple of week.. and see how much your car settle..
Measure it.. and see how much it goes now.. once it doesn't settle anymore.. then just get a alighnment..
But you have coilover... so.. you should get alightment at the height that you'll be driving most of the times...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts