NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
i believe its the same as the front, using that tiny flathead that the kit came with. I havent installed mine yet but just by looking at it, that how you do it.

I dont want to start a new thread but, if you use the rubber upper mount for the front how do you adjust the front after they're installed? drill a hole through the center?

·
Banned
1,609 Posts
The rears use a knob that should have come with the shocks...and you will need to cut a hole in the rear plastics to get to them. They also pop off the tops of the shocks easily and can get lost in the hole there so I filled the hole around the rear shocks with cotton balls so if I pop the knob off and drop it, it wont get lost down the hole. And i dont remember how we installed the fronts, but to get to the little adjustment slot just take up the little rubber caps in the middle of the shock tower and use a thin, tiny blade screwdriver to adjust them.

·
Banned
1,609 Posts
Jintei said:
^^Cool, thanks VVT4ME...
One other thing I forgot to mention...You must PUSH DOWN the slot/knob thingy and then turn and turn untill the thingy pops back up, or you can damage the mechanism.

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
VVT4ME said:
The rears use a knob that should have come with the shocks...and you will need to cut a hole in the rear plastics to get to them. They also pop off the tops of the shocks easily and can get lost in the hole there so I filled the hole around the rear shocks with cotton balls so if I pop the knob off and drop it, it wont get lost down the hole. And i dont remember how we installed the fronts, but to get to the little adjustment slot just take up the little rubber caps in the middle of the shock tower and use a thin, tiny blade screwdriver to adjust them.
Instead of cutting up your rear plastics, just drive with them off for a while. That way you can try out different settings and be able to change them without any hassle. Then when you decide on the one you like, put them back in.

Cotton balls ... :laugh: (it's a great idea though)

·
Registered
205 Posts
The front u can adjust with the flathead that they provide for u, just push down and turn to the setting u want. The rear come with a black knob; do the same as u would with the front.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts