NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HOw do i change the power steering fluid?? I look in the book and its not there. So i'm askin you guys cuz, you guy are always passin the info about are cars. I know why its not in the book because the dump ass that don't even know how to do their job right. At the dearship wants you to bring it to them so they can do it and make the money for, i'll say maybe, doing the job right.

thanks to who ever can help me late

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hi Ishido,
I went to your old post and it was a great one. In order to avoid the fluid split, it may be possible not to discounect the returning line and stick a pump into the return line. Pump the old fluid before it get to the reservoir and add fluid into the other line. Based on your experience, would this method work? A oil change pump is about $22 each. Also, which line is the return line? Thank you for your posting.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Sorry it took me a while to get to this. The return line is the line coming towards the front of the reservoir (furthest to the front). I did the change all myself so it wasn't as critical to use something (like speed bleeders for the brakes). I just jacked up the front of the car, had the engine off, turned the steering wheel back and forth. It took no time at all for it to pump the fluid out. Once you have it changed out (see red fluid instead of brown/black *yuck*) reconnect everything and start the car. Give the wheel a few more turns and top off the reservoir. After that I checked it the next couple days to make sure everything was still cool. Piece of cake ;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.