5,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Lurking06 Celica07 Join08
5,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
nice vid once again, appreciate the time and effort :thumbup:

a bit corny at the end, buts its all good haha
Haha I know! My friends wanted me to make the video in a SWAT uniform. but I couldn't do that.. obviously. So I told them I'd make it a cheesy ending for them :wiggle:

·
Registered
284 Posts
I've never tightened a filter any way other than hand tight. The tools for a filter are for taking them off and not installing them.

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
I've never tightened a filter any way other than hand tight. The tools for a filter are for taking them off and not installing them.
yuppers. thats why you had a struggle taking it off. looking at the video its way to tight. hand tight and grab a rag and maybe go a hair more. for cars it doesn't have to be that tight.

but yeah better safe then sorry. and ya got to start the car to get the oil in the oil filter. shut it off and let it sit maybe while you drop it. and when thats all said and done you can check it again and see where your at. put it at full and be done.

plus im pretty sure our pans are steel not aluminum. i'll have to take a magnet to mine to be sure, but you don't want it to tight so you don't rip the threads out, or the same removing it because it was to tight.

just saying. like the video though! alot of people will be watching it. cool that you pre-filled your oil filter. not alot of people do that when they can. good that you do that.

·
Registered
757 Posts
Yea you never want to tighten a oil filter with a tool, it only needs to be hand tighten.
Great video tho, nice work.

·
5,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yea you never want to tighten a oil filter with a tool, it only needs to be hand tighten.
Great video tho, nice work.
ty all.. i didn't tighten it that much, i used the tool just to use it.. Its not on too tight.

·
Premium Member
11,002 Posts
The ending of the vid was the best part! :gap:

·
5,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
5,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #13