NewCelica.org Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
61 - 80 of 114 Posts
make sure follow advice previously stated in post
Do not completely unscrew fill plug but do it gradually, while drain screw is completely off, otherwise oil will splash really fast everywhere.

Is there any way to check the trans oil? I noticed some sort of leak (it's raining and I saw a rainbow-y color in the water under my car, and I'm pretty sure that's oil) and I'm worried.

I noticed that there wasn't a washer for the drain plug. Would that cause a leak?

Or it could also be water that got splashed up there and washed some oil off?

Done! Did it this morning on my GT. Pretty simple in fact, I was expecting it to be a bit harder. I think the hardest part was trying to judge how tight to go with the plugs(seeing as I have no torque wrench and I have a bad history of stripping shiz lol)but I think it turned out alright.

And also what is a little scary...when I drained the old fluid, literally like half a quart came out...if that. This couldn't be good. I filled it and it took about 2 and 1/2 to 2 and 3/4 so that's alright...I just couldn't believe the amount that came out :confused:

I'm thinking...it's never been changed since Toyota put the tranny in the car...on the line, and I now have 135k hahaha

Got a question for C60 (2ZZ) owners. I found on the backside of the transaxle up top something that to me looks like a fill plug. It is high and wouldn't require using a pump to get the oil in. It's hard to describe what it looks like, but its location is backside (sort of in line with the shift cables) and somewhat high on the case. Its shape immediately tells you that it is meant to be pulled up with 3 fingers. It has one screw that holds it down and a rubber gasket around the seal. Does ANYBODY know what I'm talking about?

61 - 80 of 114 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.