NewCelica.org Forum banner

81 - 84 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
8,272 Posts
It should be supported from under for safety sake, if that one mount lets go then the engine falls out, and that one mount is not built to support a load that way or a load that heavy.

·
Registered
196 Posts
I am attempting to maneuver the trans back into place. Coming to resistance ater the rear mount slipped into place.

Advice on how to proceed? Hoping I wont damage the disk by causing the shaft to hang on it.

http://imgur.com/a/kESoK

Update:
Built a hoist a-frame to help me have a greater range of motion. Using the floor jack to rotate the trans and the hoist to fine tune things I was able to slide things into place.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just wanted to say thanks for the guide Smaay! Just finished swapping out my clutch/flywheel tonight, took a few weekends.

A few things I learned, that might help others, or if I did it wrong, correction would be nice.

- Getting the driver side axle nut off took forever. I eventually heated it up with a torch for 4-5 minutes and then hit it with an impact driver and it came off.
- I could not figure out how to pull the driver side axle out, but eventually I used this solution, and it worked with a few tugs. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZ5JSWu6mTE
- Getting the passenger side axle took another couple hours and eventually I just put one of the bolts back in about 7/8 of the way in and hammered the bolt, (destroying it so had to go buy another one) till there was enough room for me to get a screwdriver in and pry it loose.
- I used the ARP 203-2802 bolts that were recommended, and they seem to be working, I torqued them to 70 ft-lbs w/ the fastener assembly lubricant under the head and blue loctite on the threads.
- To tighten the flywheel bolts, I had someone stand on the other side and hold a breaker bar on the crank pulley bolt to keep the flywheel from turning.
- Getting the transmission on took awhile because the first time I tried to eyeball the clutch on and apparently I suck at it, and just didn't get it right so bought one of the alignment tools and the transmission slid back on just fine the next time.
- Had a little scare getting it started because it took awhile for the engine to start, but turning it over for about a minute, it eventually started up fine.

81 - 84 of 84 Posts