NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a JL Audio 500/1 amp and a JL Audio 12 W6v2 sub. I also have reverse indiglo gauges, radar detector and some neons running off the cig lighter power source. Now everything is dimming and i mean EVERYTHING electrical. What should i get for a cap? or should i get a grounding kit, or what? Thanks

PS. I also want to add some cold cathodes or neons and maybe some single leds in the trunk after i get everything setup. What would/should i connect those to?

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
i would suggest also a battery strong enough to dish out all that strain you'll put on it..what kind of battery? i dunno maybe an optima. ground kit will help take the strain also and as far as a cap you can check on the actual cap and it should let you know the limits of it..

·
Registered
8,225 Posts
You need to get your alternator checked if you having that much trouble. I'm pushing over 1000wts of system and bunch of other stuff with underdrive pulleys and a 1 farad cap is just fine.

·
Registered
194 Posts
SickCelica696 said:
You need to get your alternator checked if you having that much trouble. I'm pushing over 1000wts of system and bunch of other stuff with underdrive pulleys and a 1 farad cap is just fine.

:stupid: i have two 500 watt amps, touch screen h/u, another screen, ps2, and neons and i've never once seen any dimming. and im not even using a cap or deep cycle battery or grounding kit. although i am picking up a deepcycle battery next pay day.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok today, my system doesnt stay on consistantly, it will go on and off, so is that the alt? or should i get a cap

·
Registered
8,225 Posts
firestorm said:
ok today, my system doesnt stay on consistantly, it will go on and off, so is that the alt? or should i get a cap
Whats the HU? Most have a built in voltage protection circuit so that if you drop to 11~ they'll shut off to prevent totally killing the battery.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i have a Pioneer DEH-P700MP

·
Electromagnetic Wave :-h
15,531 Posts
You can drive it to me and I'll voltmeter it for ya... ;)

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
where ya live again? im busy almost this whole weekend from tommorow till monday. Lemme know when you could help me out 2way, i dunno which of the options i need to folllow

·
Registered
8,225 Posts
Does it go off if you sit around at idle? Then come back on when you start moving or tap the gas?

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
when im idling it usually isnt on, after 5 or 10 mins of running the car (while driving) it starts to kick in.

·
Electromagnetic Wave :-h
15,531 Posts
Sounds like low voltage/bad connection to head or alternator isn't doing its thing.
I'm in Plymouth... a bit of ride for you... I could always catch ya on my way home some night... too bad, too... cuz I took Fri. off...wouldn't have been a big deal if you showed up.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
well, now i just moved some wires around in the back and it came in for a bit but then went away. I checked all the wiring and it is all tight and secure. Could it be that a wire from something else is affecting the system?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts