NewCelica.org Forum banner

81 - 100 of 131 Posts

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Jesse IL said:
So how close was my hypothesizing to the actual truth?
Pretty much dead on. We kept the 03 IM so we had to custom machine it to accept the cable TB and actually make it seal properly. Other than that, it was a cable nightmare and a lot of troubleshooting in order to get it up and running which is right now with a PFC. We also had to fabricate a new bracket for the cable since we kept the 03 IM.

·
Premium Member
18,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #88
GTsRasta said:
Redliner9k said:
We have in PR. FrauGTS's car has the conversion done.
God damnit...you fcukers are crazy!!!
Actually, assuming that you used the 00-02 manifold instead of the 03 like they did, this conversion should actually be far easier than running two ECU's in parallel. The big trick is finding all the parts to make it happen.

·
Registered
263 Posts
:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:Holy sh#t!!! You guys did a ton of work lookin into this. Great job Jesse & Boosted. Its guys like you that the 7th Gen.Celica is getting more and more hp & torque pulled out of it every day!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hey,

I am performing a swap from 2001 1ZZ to 2004 2ZZ. I am definitely having problems with 2004 ECU on 2001 GT wire harness. I know I have to disable air injection and change the pins on ECU connectors. Now, I would like to get XLS file with ECU pin layout, but unfortunately the link on users.ameritech.net is dead :/

Can someone send me this file?

If this will not work, I will try to get 2000 GTS ECU. I will still have to disable air injection pump I guess. Anyone ever performed that?

·
Super Moderator
12,227 Posts
2004 is a DBW and you need a ton more wiring. you need a throttle pedal from the celica too. i need more details.

to do the swap easier yes you need a 2000-2002 manifold and throttle body. the air injection can be blocked off.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hey. Thanks for answering. We are still performing the swap, we figured that the easiest way will be to change complete wiring from donor car (have a full 2004 GTS wreck). At first we thought it would be enough to change complete wiring related to engine. We were wrong, after we blew the wiper commands handle and fuel pump wiring was not compatible with new wiring from GTS. We decided to change all the other wiring too. Now we are half way through. One more question about throttle cable. I am not sure how DBW looks. We took throttle cable from GTS and we compared GT/GTS cable. The only difference we found was that GTS cable is longer, throttle pedals seems the same. I will post back with more info when we proceed further with swap.

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
lets revive this :gap:

I read the whole thing and I'm kinda confused so I got a question

I currently got a 01 1zz running on a 00-01 2zz harness. I'm looking into swapping to a 2zz, I found one for somewhat cheap but unfortunately its an 03 what do I need to make this cable thing work, I want PFC :marky:

·
Call me DIM.
1,149 Posts

I currently got a 01 1zz running on a 00-01 2zz harness. I'm looking into swapping to a 2zz, I found one for somewhat cheap but unfortunately its an 03 what do I need to make this cable thing work, I want PFC :marky:
Buy Boosted's harness. It'll make it work with the PFC for DBW 2zz's.

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
Buy Boosted's harness. It'll make it work with the PFC for DBW 2zz's.
Yeah but is that the only thing I'll need or do I also need to get a the throttle pedal since it's an 03 motor or would I be just fine with my current gt wires?

·
Vendor
15,564 Posts

Just get an intake manifold and TB for a 2000-2002 and you will be GTG

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
Just get an intake manifold and TB for a 2000-2002 and you will be GTG
So my 2001 gts harness would work on the 03 motor?
I also would need a knock sensor from and 00-01 so it can be the single wire correct?

·
Super Moderator
12,227 Posts
yes. use the 2001 harness, and ECU. you need a 2000-2002 intake manifold and throttle body also. have you looked at my guide on how to install a 2ZZ in a GT?

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
yes. use the 2001 harness, and ECU. you need a 2000-2002 intake manifold and throttle body also. have you looked at my guide on how to install a 2ZZ in a GT?
I've seen it but haven't read thru it.

I was just confused because of the fact that the 03 has the different pedals apparently. I didn't know if it mattered when switching motors between those years, but if all i need is tb and im and knock sensor (getting a pfc instead of oem ecu). I might hop on that motor I found at the junk, he is selling the 03 complete drop in motor for 1450 with 70k miles, is that a good price?

·
Vendor
15,564 Posts
The engine is the same internally - only the intake manifold, wiring harness and TB / IAC are different.

Yes, that is a good price.

81 - 100 of 131 Posts